ad: KG5DTX-1

Mr. Carlson's Lab : New Electronics Course [Patreon]

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by W9GB, Jan 28, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: L-rfparts
  1. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

Paul Carlson, VE7ZWZ of Mr. Carlson's Lab has started an Electronics Course on Patreon.

Paul's instructional approach balances a practical appreciation for the fundamentals (physics) without getting lost in the complex math. While not a "hands-on" laboratory course (best method), this video approach can be successful when the "Padawan learner" or Apprentice fully participates in the process (intellectually and emotionally).

KD0CAC and N2EY like this.
  2. WB5THT

WB5THT Ham Member QRZ Page

I've watched all of his videos, he's a sharp guy and a good educator.

3. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

I agree. Paul's videos are easy to follow, and I always learn something, even from the most basic of his videos. I haven't looked into his class yet, but I certainly will have a look to see if it is the right level.

4. AF6LJ

AF6LJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I love Paul's videos, sometimes a little too basic but they are great....
    Note to self;
    His lab is not earthquake safe.

5. N2EY

N2EY Ham Member QRZ Page

What's really great about Mr. Carlson's methods is that he thinks and plans, and most of all understands what he's doing, before he dives in. He doesn't just tear into something, replacing parts willy-nilly and making a mess. He figures out what's going on first.

6. K0OKS

K0OKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Not a lot of quakes in Canada, eh?

But, yes, needs to be sure that is all secured. Do you six-landers mount all your gear to be safe from the Big One?

AF6LJ likes this.
  7. W9GB

W9GB Ham Member QRZ Page

First Lesson: Switch-Mode Power Supply Repair
    Hundreds of thousands of computer power supplies are thrown in dumpseters ...
    so availability and cost are NOT excuses for learning.

8. AE7NN

AE7NN Ham Member QRZ Page

How do I contact Mr. Paul Carlson.

9. WA7PRC

WA7PRC Ham Member QRZ Page