ad: k1jek

Mobile (Alabama) Hamfest 2020`

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by W4NNF, Feb 21, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

The Mobile Amateur Radio Club has been around since 1933, and our hamfest has been a feature of the southern ham's year for almost as long. This year's event will be held in our wonderful facility, the Shrine Center on Hitt Rd. in Mobile. This is a huge, clean, and modern facility. Food services are provided by the Shriners, and the chow is outstanding. Best of all? Some great prizes this year. Somebody's gonna win 'em...why shouldn't that somebody be you?

If you're wary about downloading files like these hamfest fliers, they are posted as jpgs below.

Feel free to email me if you have questions.

Rod Mollise, W4NNF, President Mobile Amateur Radio Club (MARC)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
    WW2PT likes this.
  2. W4NNF

3. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Someday. Mobile is about a 6 hour drive from Cedar Key, certainly within my range, though I’m not sure I’d want to make it a day trip. I’d like to spend at least one full day at the USS Alabama.

KK4NSF likes this.
  4. W4NNF

We'd love to have you. And you know one of our local clubs operates pretty much on a monthly basis from the Alabama... They are currently engaged in restoring the original equipment in Radio Central and hope to put that back on the air soon. :)

WW2PT likes this.
  5. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll certainly be there..... and have it on good authority that the guys who know the Battleship radio equipment / restoration will also be there. So, you can drive down and come to the hamfest on Saturday, do the Battleship tour on Sunday.... then go eat the best seafood in the world at one of the many seafood restaurants only a mile or so away.

W4NNF and WW2PT like this.
  6. WW2PT

WW2PT Ham Member QRZ Page

Sounds like a plan! Unfortunately, it’ll have to wait until 2021 at least. So many irons in the fire...

I’ve driven past the ‘Bama twice in the middle of the night while driving back to FL from TX. She sure is pretty when she’s all lit up!

W4NNF and KK4NSF like this.