ad: chuckmartin

Michael Hodge, W5IK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by K5TS, May 10, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K5TS

K5TS XML Subscriber QRZ Page

My dear friend Mike Hodge, W5IK passed away aprox 0900, May 9, 2022 after a lengthy illness. He was a good man. We will miss him a lot. Mike actually got me back into ham radio in 2021, after many years of being inactive. I was considering not even renewing my license, but after Mike scolded me about it…”David, you worked to hard for that, to just let it go…”. Yeah, but FCC is a royal pain Mike, I responded. So Mike says, “So do what the rest of us do,….use QRZ.com.” I was like…What the heck is a qrz.com?”
    So, I yielded to his council, found qrz.com, and renewed my license. And the ham passion in me was restarted. I thought the world of him,…. RIP Mike! I’ll see you again one day.

David - K5TS

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Michael L. Hodge, W5IK SK

Michael Leslie Hodge
    Ball, Louisiana
    June 17, 1950 - May 9, 2022

Mr. Michael Hodge, age 71 of Ball, Louisiana, entered eternal rest on Monday, May 9, 2022. Arrangements are entrusted to Gallagher Funeral Home and Crematory.
    Memorial Services for Mr. Hodge will be held on Sunday, May 15, 2022 in the Chapel of Gallagher Funeral Home at 3:00 pm with Clark Palmer officiating. The visitation will begin at 2:00 pm.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Leslie Hodge and Ramona Bradford Hodge; and nephew, Kevin Weaver.

Those left to cherish his memory include his loving wife, Deborah Seiffert Hodge; daughters, Allison McQueen (Greg) and Amanda Hodge Bridges (Jessica); grandchildren, Sara Touchet, Emily Touchet (Max Rugland), Alex McQueen (Stephanie), and Gracie McQueen (Taylor Moreau); great grandchildren, Blaze, Avian, Jensen, and twin girls on the way; sisters, Martha Weaver (Terry) and Rose Ann Duffey; and benevolent dog, Pepper.

Mike, better known as “Tat,” was a kind, genuine, and empathetic man who always wore a friendly smile and suspenders. He never missed an opportunity to get a laugh in. He rarely sat still, never met a stranger, and spent his time helping others.
    Tat was the world’s best hummer, jokester, prankster, and storyteller. He made every day count with his endless hobbies and countless loved ones. He was a talented musician, enjoyed fishing, motorcycle riding, going to the shooting range, and operating his HAM radios.

Tat was a Eucharistic Minister for over 20 years, a veteran, and drove a school bus for Tioga. If you define success in terms of happiness, he was the most successful being in the universe.

He was beloved by his family, friends, and community and his shining light will forever be missed.

In lieu of flowers, donation can be made to the Ronald McDonald House of New Orleans and to B.A.R.K. (Boudreaux's Animal Rescue Krewe).
    https://www.tributearchive.com/obit...ouisiana/gallagher-funeral-home-and-crematory