ad: Alphaant-1

"MA NATURE" and DELETING ENTITIES!!!

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by NN6EE, Oct 26, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. NN6EE

NN6EE Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

With the RECENT deletion of "Kingman Reef" and a few others from the DXCC entity list it kind of makes us wonder "What's next???". Because of "GLOBAL WARMING" there's probably going to be a number of "Pacific Island" entities that'll BE UNDER WATER within generation or so of new DXers!!! A great example of a entity that has hung on for many years is "SCARBOROUGH REEF", but that one is a real "Head-Scratcher" because to operate from THERE the "Boyz" have to BUILD DARN PLATFORMS on (3) rock-out croppings" and how weird is that (BS7H)??? So what is everybody's thoughts out here on ENTITIES that REALLY DESERVE TO BE DELETED, one that come's to my mind is the "DEMOCRATIC PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF KOREA", AS IT'S A COMPLETELY "OFF-THE-WALL" repressive regime and ALWAYS WILL BE!!!

What say???

2. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

I say, enjoy what's there and don't worry about what's not.

3. NN6EE

I agree to a point OB, BUT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT THOUSANDS WHO "WILL" BE DISPLACED VERY SOON, SO I ALSO CARE ABOUT HUMANITY MORE THAN "DX ENTITIES!!!".

4. K0HWY

K0HWY Ham Member QRZ Page

That's cool but how is the deletion of DXCC entities going to change that? I think I'm missing something here.

5. NN6EE

AH ? It's like many ISLAND ENTITIES will be "UNDER WATER"??? Get it now??? :)