ad: k1jek

Lost Contact With Balloon, Looking For Listeners.

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9SBD, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. WB9SBD

WB9SBD Ham Member QRZ Page

can you record it and e mail it to me?

2. K3NG

K3NG Ham Member QRZ Page

I was thinking the same thing myself. Unattended beacons are allowed only on 10m and above.

3. KC8YHW

KC8YHW Ham Member QRZ Page

Well everyone I spent a good portion of today listening for a faint signal on 30 meters. I did see and hear some faint sigs, however there were too many strong signals, I can truthfully report I listened, I shut down stuff that has made noise in the past. However I have no results to share. I will try again tomorrow morning. If it is still in the air that low power should be picked up, it may be on the ground.

4. KC9UDX

KC9UDX Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Silly me, I thought the OP couldn't make contacts anymore after installing a balun.

5. KC2JLI

KC2JLI Ham Member QRZ Page

I saw alot about this so my q is do you aprs and are your on ballon?? Also is just 30m ?bc i in new jersey on east coast right on water here. I hear nothing i like to for what worth. My callsign kc2jli

6. N2BFT

N2BFT Ham Member QRZ Page

For what it's worth, I heard a packet burst on 10.145 USB at S8 on Sept 13, 2012 at 9:20:39 (L), and I'm in Syracuse, NY. (43.05 N 76.10W)

At 9:23:00, I'm receiving some FSK CW and other FSK bursts as well...signal is up and down S7 - S9.

Jim

7. KG7E

KG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Robert....You have RTTY and SSB QSOs confirmed for 40 meters in your QRZ logbook. Do you know that as a Technician class license you cannot operate those modes on 40 meters??? I guess not.

Back to your original programming......

8. NN3W

NN3W Ham Member QRZ Page

Uh oh. Busted.

haters-gonna-hate.jpeg

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  9. KG7E

KG7E Ham Member QRZ Page

Yeah... I figured the next post would slam me for pointing this out. No surprise.

10. AA1MN

AA1MN Ham Member QRZ Page

Why isn't there a thumbs up feature for posts like this?

11. KK4DDT

KK4DDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow all I can say is wtf has happenned to people ? I remember when the amateur community was respectful and understood the fun tht was to be had in many aspects of radio, and werent so judgmental, petty and crass about things.

So tell me AA1MN - why do you waste time and money in this inane, outdated hobby ? Why do you waste time belittling the efforts of one who only asked for interested listenners to listen for his balloon/beacon ?
    What the heck is the reason for you to put a radio signal out, and talk to other people, when there is newer, more effective technology ? My college teacher would have some obscenities for such useless pursuits, and the people who carry them out.

Now cmon people, get a grip - if you can help the guy out, then thats great - if all you have to say is crap like this guy, then can it. Go yell at the mirror - and if its that superiority you need to feel, go belittle your kids or something.

Haters will hate, fer sure.

12. WB9SBD

WB9SBD Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny thing is? When I was saying to the rest of the team about making this posting here. I was amazed that most saying don't do it. The bullies run rampant on the QRZed boards and you will get noting good from making a posting there. I was amazed at that, but i did anyway, and have learned a lesson.

13. K7ZSA

K7ZSA XML Subscriber QRZ Page

It didn't take long for some to prove your friends were right about their warnings Joe. It never ceases to amaze me how some people puff up their own ego by belittling others.
    Good Luck with your hunt Joe and remember there are more great Hams out here than bad ones.

14. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Life is super hard, dont worry:

portfolio_740x390_logo_igb.jpeg

15. N6MEJ

N6MEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Joe

Keep at it and ignore the QRM like previously posted. There are many here that are interested in the subject and want to help. QRZ would have missed out on a great opportunity to come to the aid of a fellow ham had you not posted. I am glad you did and hope you will again.

Just adjust your filters and keep on posting.

Thanks again for the opportunity

N6MEJ/Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.