Looking for SK Callsign

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by N0ZB, Sep 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: l-BCInc
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
  1. N0ZB

N0ZB Guest

I am trying to learn the callsign of Dean Morrison. I believe he went SK in the early or mid 80s.

He lived near Parkville, Missouri and was an electronics tech for the FAA in Kansas City.

I discovered ham radio in his basement in the 60s. I can still remember those big, bulky, humming green cabinets with that orange glow inside.

I'd like to know what his callsign was.

Thanks for your time.

Dave N0ZB

2. I2JJR

I2JJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi,
    Sorry may be a litlle out of tune for your question, but...
    I read your message and this remind me of an old idea I had: to have a sort of callbook ( a database) of the SK Ham Operators, so that their memory will not be lost.
    I did something in this regard keeping updated the callsigns of some friends - and of my brother George - that went SK .
    But I would love very much to find a callbook for SK and old callsigns, with personal datas in short form.
    This is not my mother tongue, I hope that my idea is clear to you and to the readers, and that somebody of you will be able to forward this idea to the right qrz person.
    Many thanks for the help not to loose the memories of those that learned us to love filament glow and that pioneered our ham radio hobby. Among the hams I knew, HB9CK Ulisse that teached me so much things and started as a spark telegrapher...
    73 de i2jjr Augusto

3. N0ZB

N0ZB Guest

Not out of tune at all Augusto.  An SK callbook would be very nice.

N0ZB

4. K7DLX

K7DLX Ham Member QRZ Page

Only thing I could find on the web was here:

History of the CVRC

Shows a Dean Morrison as W1HTI.

Long shot, but could it be the same guy?

5. N0ZB

N0ZB Guest

I don't think it is but never can tell.

Thanks, it's sure a place to start.

N0ZB

6. I2JJR

I2JJR Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Dave N0ZB, was CVRC the right address? I think you may ask some of the alive founders abt your Elmer Dean Morrison of Parkville.
    Anyway, I remember to have somewhere or by one of our clubs some old copies of the Callbook, maybe I can also find something there.
    Let me know. Anyway, the old callbooks may be vy useful for our idea of SK Database. There are also other ham that have disappeared but not hopely  SK, simply because of political changes... see countries like Libya Cambodja Vietnahm and so on... too a big list to post here. What happened to those Oldmen or YLs?  This may be an odd world sometimes.    
    73 de i2jjr Augusto

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.