ad: Mountaingoat-1

Looking for information on W3WGH, SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KB0TXC, Jun 26, 2019.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KB0TXC

KB0TXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi all,

I am looking for information on W3WGH, SK. I am purchasing an antenna tuner that he build, and would like to know more about hims (or her) as my QTH is a "living museum" if you will. I like to know who or what company built all of my old boat anchor gear, and add any information to a archive that I maintain. When I go to the great shack in the sky, I want whoever obtains my gear to know everything that there is to know about it, including any information on the individual who might have built the gear.

Thank you very much,

Joe KB0TXC

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

http://hamgallery.com/Tribute/W3GH/

Tribute to Robert W. King W3WGH / W3GH
    August 3, 1931 - October 15, 2017

Robert W. King, 86, of Apollo, passed away Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017, at Concordia at Rebecca Residence, in Allison Park. He was born Aug. 3, 1931, in Edmond, Pa., the son of the late Earl W. and H. Margaret Schall King. Before his retirement in 1993, he was employed by Alcoa Technical Center in Upper Burrell as a laboratory technician with more than 40 years of service. He is a 1949 graduate of Bell Township High School. Bob was an Air Force veteran, having served during the Korean War, where he achieved the rank of Staff Sergeant. He was a life member of the NRA, life member of the ARRL, holding the amateur radio call letters W3GH for more than 60 years, a member of the NMLRA for more than 50 years, a member of Lodge No. 617 Free and Accepted Masons of Vandergrift, member of the AASR in Coudersport, Pa., for more than 50 years, member of AAONMS in Cheswick for more than 50 years, member of the Skyview Radio Society in New Kensington for more than 50 years, a life member of VFW Post 92 in New Kensington, and a life member of the American Legion Post 868 in Lower Burrell. He is survived by two children, Jeffery A. King and his wife, Debra, of Pittsburgh, and Jodi K. Cantler and her husband, Donald, of Rising Sun, Md.; two grandchildren, Kayleigh (King) Fontana and her husband, Nate, and Courtney Rabi and her husband, Neil, and two great-grandchildren, Ayden and Liam Fontana, all of Pittsburgh; a brother, William R. King, of Avonmore; two sisters, Helen May, of Washington Township; and Patricia Almes and her husband, Michael, of Blacklick. In addition to his parents, he was preceded in death by his wife, Jill King, in 2016.

Family will receive friends from 9:30 a.m. to noon Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017, in the KELLY L. CORRIDONI FUNERAL HOME LTD., 1916 Moore Ave., North Apollo. Services will be conducted at noon in the funeral home with the Rev. Thomas Holmes officiating. An honor guard service and interment will follow in Edgewood Cemetery, Saltsburg.
    In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to the American Legion. To view and send online condolences, please visit our website at www.corridonifuneralhomes.com.

Published in The Valley News Dispatch on Nov. 1, 2017
    (Tnx K3MJW, K3FH)

3. K8VHL

K8VHL Platinum Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page