ad: HamHats-1

LCWO - Learn CW Online

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by DJ1YFK, Aug 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

A new website to learn and practice Morse telegraphy has been launched:
    http://lcwo.net/ - Learn CW Online

There are already hundreds of training programs, MP3/CD courses and practice
    aids available, but LCWO follows a radically different concept: While sticking
    to well-proven methods for learning and practice, all you need for using LCWO
    is a web browser!

This gives the user the liberty to practice CW wherever an internet connection
    is available, always retaining the personal settings, scores and statistics.

Currently the site, which is available in four languages (English, French,
    German and Portuguese) offers a complete Koch method Morse course, code group
    practice, callsign- and plain text training modes and also allows to convert
    random text to Morse MP3s.

A high score list is available to compare results with other users, personal
    statistics help to track training progress.

LCWO.net is a non-commercial project. Creating a free account only takes a few
    seconds, and you can start practicing CW right away!

2. K0DXC

K0DXC Ham Member QRZ Page

Fabian;

You did a very good job with the website, it is impressive that you put that together. I'll see you at HST Championships next year.

WWYC Lid # 741 (I think :D)

3. G4ILO

G4ILO Ham Member QRZ Page

4. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

I tried the test account with username of test and password of test, the website and program are great! You did a fantastic job!

Thx,
    Andrew

5. M0JMO

M0JMO Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent! I've just signed up (but I'm at work at the moment so will give it a try tonight).

I'll give it a go on my iPhone too... That would be awesome if it works!

6. DJ1YFK

DJ1YFK Guest

Thanks for all the comments so far, much appreciated!

It would be interesting to know if/how it works on the iPhone or different smartphones. An alternative site layout which wastes less screen real estate specially for mobile devices could probably be written without too much effort. (I guess I should look into making the site layout with pure CSS and get rid of the tables to make this easier...).

73, Fabian

7. W6ONV

W6ONV Ham Member QRZ Page

Fabain, thanks for another tool in learning CW. I have already signed up and using it supplment my CW training. Keep up the great work!

8. M0JMO

M0JMO Ham Member QRZ Page

It doesn't work on the iPhone as the pages use embedded flash.

Oh well!

9. W8HEY

W8HEY Ham Member QRZ Page

What a great site! The embedded flash stuff works fine, but all of the embedded mp3 files seem to be truncated after a few seconds.

Also, it almost looked like it was going to work on my iPhone with the embedded mp3 setting, but for some reason it says it cannot play the file. I can normally play linked .wav and .mp3 files on webpages, so I'm not sure what is different about your site...

Great work!

10. K3ROJ/SK2024

K3ROJ/SK2024 Ham Member QRZ Page

Last edited: Aug 25, 2008
  11. KA5LQJ

KA5LQJ Ham Member QRZ Page

Congratulations & Thanks!

Hi Fabian,

Let me add my Congratulations and Thanks for setting up CW-Online. I'm sure it will be of great benefit to those who still want to converse in the ORIGINAL digital mode, LOL!

I have some challanges now, with my brain and hopefully this will cause those old synapse's to re-fire and I can pick up what I've forgotten. :(

Again, Thanks.

Respectfully,

Don/KA5LQJ
    EM-32

12. CT1BAT

CT1BAT Ham Member QRZ Page

Danke!

Hello Fabian! :)
    Many thanks by your site LCWO.
    I'm sure that will be very useful for many radio amateurs over the world.
    Fine bussiness!
    I refer the LCWO on my blog www.trgm.blogspot.com to our colleagues radio amateus.
    Thank you + 73's
    CT1BAT

13. W6QT

W6QT Ham Member QRZ Page

Excellent Tool

I gave the site a test run and I like it. Building code speed will be easier than ever now. Good work!

73, Mike
    W6QT

14. W4INF

W4INF Ham Member QRZ Page

I made the leap and registered... Glad I did, it is a wonderful piece of work!

Many thanks to your contribution to the CW Ham community!

Andrew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.