ad: AbAuRe-1

Lawrence “Larry”Damour, N1PHV

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W1RC, Sep 16, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

On Friday, August 17th 2018, Larry Damour, N1PHV, also known as “Sarge” passed away peacefully at his home in Weare NH with his loving family at his bedside.

Larry and I have been close friends for 22 years. I met Larry at the Weare Rally in 1996 when some buddies and I hauled up a huge pile of old military radios that sold faster than we could take the money. We both always remembered that day.

Larry was a Fire Warden and later Director of Operations at the New England Amateur Radio Festival, or NEAR-Fest, for ten years. He also worked with me at the Deerfield Fair as Deputy Superintendent of Radio Communications for seven years. I also helped him in a very small way at the Weare Military Vehicle Rally. It was a pure pleasure to work with Larry. He was highly competent and totally dependable. Most important is he was fun to be with, always laughing and joking around. Larry knew how to have fun. We shared many an interesting adventure together and enjoyed a lot of private jokes that only we understood.

Larry was a brave firefighter and EMT who saved many lives over his twenty-five year career with the Concord Fire Department. He was a true patriotic American and a proud New Hampshire boy. He served his country proudly and willingly when some did not. He was 100% disabled but cheerfully played out the hand he was dealt until the end. I never heard Larry complain. He had a wonderful supportive and loving family, wife Dottie, children Melanie, Larry Jr and Timothy as well as two grandkids. He thoroughly enjoyed his work and his hobbies. The sixty plus M-151 JEEPS he lovingly restored are only part of his legacy.

Larry was possibly the happiest man I ever met.

Everyone should be so fortunate to have a friend like Larry Damour.......Larry touched so many lives including mine. He may be gone from this earth but he will never be gone from our memory. He was a very unique individual. My life is a little bit emptier now that he is gone.

NEAR-Fest XXIV (Oct 12th and 13th 2018) is respectfully dedicated to Larry’s memory.

My sincerest condolences to his family and many many friends.

73 N1PHV, SK, de W1RC
    Mister Mike

Attached Files:

2. K2HAT

K2HAT Premium Subscriber Volunteer Moderator Volunteer DX Helper QRZ Page

Lawrence A. Damour, Sr, N1PHV SK

Lawrence Albert "Larry" Damour, Sr., age 70, of Weare, passed away on Friday, Aug. 17, 2018.

Larry was born in Manchester on June 26, 1948 but grew up in Henniker. Larry was born to the late Donat A. and Margueritte (Gagnon) Damour, he was also predeceased in death by an older brother, Victor Damour, who died before Larry was born.

Larry is survived by his siblings, Alfred D. Damour of Chester, Va.; Ernest R. Damour of Gorham; and Jane E. (Damour) Rodriguez of Tacoma, Wash.

Larry graduated from the Bailey Technical School in St. Louis, Mo. where he was trained as an auto mechanic. He served in the United States Army between 1968 and 1970 and was stationed in Korea.

He was a firefighter and an EMT with the Concord Fire Department for 25 years and dedicated his life to helping others. Larry was well-known for his sense of humor and unique ability to carry on a conversation with anyone. He enjoyed a variety of hobbies and interests, ranging from amateur (ham) radios to restoring military vehicles. He was past president and long-time member of the Merrimack Valley Military Vehicle Collectors Club.

Larry is survived by his wife of 43 years, Dorothy F. (Jewell) Damour; his children, Melanie Damour-Horrell of Mandeville, La.; Lawrence A. Damour, Jr., of Henniker; and Timothy A. Damour of Weare; and his grandchildren Braden J. Horrell and Kellan M. Horrell of Mandeville, La.

Calling hours will be held at the Holt Woodbury Funeral Home, 19 Hall Ave, Henniker, 03242 on Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

Burial services will be held at the NH State Veterans Cemetery, 110 Daniel Webster Hwy Route 3, Boscawen, 03303 on Friday, Aug. 24, 2018 at 10:00 a.m.

In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to: Honor Flight New England, P.O. Box 16287, Hooksett, N.H., 03106, or American Legion Post 65, 12 N. Stark Hwy, Weare, N.H., 03281, or organizations dedicated to the rescue and rehabilitation of animals.

For more information about Larry's life and to share your memories of Larry with the family, please visit holtwoodburyfh.com.
    Funeral Home
    Holt-Woodbury Funeral Home
    3 Hall Avenue
    Henniker, NH 03242
    (603) 428-3215
    Published in The Concord Monitor on Aug. 21, 2018
    http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/co...e-albert-damour-larry&pid=190007682&fhid=4816