ad: ProAudio-1

KM6K THOMAS F. Mc DUFFIE SILENT KEY

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by WM6F, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. WM6F

WM6F Guest

KM6K THOMAS F. Mc DUFFIE MANAGER OF HRO IN SAN DIEGO FOR OVER 30 YEARS IS A SILENT KEY. HE WILL BE MISSED BY ALL.

2. N7WR

N7WR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Tom was a good friend going back many years to when I lived in San Diego County. Though I left there 18 years ago I continued to make all of my ham radio purchases through Tom as he was always super to deal with. He was a great guy. He was a marathon runner, a muscle car enthusiast, a great DX'r and a contest operator.

Tom lost his son to a tragic accident not that long ago. My heartfelt sympathy to his wife who has suffered the loss of a son and husband in a short period of time. Rest in peace Tom.

3. W6RS

W6RS Ham Member QRZ Page

RIP My Friend

I got to know Tom when I was the manager of HRO Oakland and he at HRO San Diego. We became friends over the years and he and I along with our wives enjoyed some very good times together. Although we really had not been in close touch recently I still feel a profund sense of loss.
    I would like to extend my sympathies to his wife and family on his passing.

Rich Stempien - W6RS

4. WA6HYQ

WA6HYQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Remembering a Great Guy who impacted the San Diego Amateur Radio Community

What a loss to the Amateur Radio community.

Tom McDuffy was for many people the guy who sold them their first radio, books, coaxial cable, etc. An experience as new HAMs we rarely forget. He offered assistance and information to those who were less knowledgeable, he kept us up to date on the latest manufacture happenings, he listened and shared stories sometimes laughing and sometimes shaking his head. For me, Tom was the neighborhood "Bartender" and friend of the candy store.

In my 22 years of service to the State of California, I was tasked to specify and write purchase requests for equipment. Tom would patiently work through my questions offering guidance when needed and I could always count on Tom. Recently, I wanted to test some equipment to confirm it would do what I thought it would and he supported me by providing a test unit, which was later purchased. I could go on about Tom because his was such a stand-up guy and his passing is such a great loss.

To his wife and family my thoughts and prayers go out to you because I know grief is a tremendous burden to bear. For the rest of us, well I count myself fortunate to have the blessing of knowing Tom McDuffy.

_ _ … …_ _

… _._

5. N6QEK

N6QEK XML Subscriber QRZ Page

He will be missed

I have known Tom since 1982 and he was very patient with me, answering all my questions when I was a novice. He always had a kind word to say when you walked into HRO. I was amazed how he could remember everyone's name that stopped by the store.

I will miss Tom and his sense of humor.

Steve
    N6QEK

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.