ad: LZQSLprint-1

KE6YNH is a Silent Key

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KE6ENI, Feb 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KE6ENI

KE6ENI Ham Member QRZ Page

It is with great sadness that I tell you, TOM C GLEEMAN KE6YNH an extra class of San Diego has become a Silent Key.<br><br>

I was made aware this evening Thursday Feb 17, 2011 on air by KG6HKM, Kenneth Blakley AKA "The Llama Man" to many on 75 meter, that Tom had passed in his home, at the age of 60.<br><br>

3.840 MHz has had many late night stewards, but when Tom came along in the past few years you would hear his station coast to coast with this well known sign on in the evening booming from San Diego California " CQ, CQ, 75 meters . . . this is KE6YNH, TOM in San Diego".<br><br>

Tom would regularly QSO with K1NDF, NEAL LIPSON of FRAMINGHAM, MA. A couple of years ago I used to keep an informal "3840" log book of the countless operators that came by the frequency, I was going to start to list some of them but a better idea I think would be to leave a reply here on QRZ with your remembrance of Tom yourself. We will see that his family looks at QRZ.COM and reads your messages.<br><br>

At this time I have no further information other than he is survived by his mother and a brother. Other family members is not known. <br><br>

RIP. . . Tom you will be missed my friend.<br><br>

Dave, KE6ENI<br>

2. NV6R

NV6R Ham Member QRZ Page

HAM radio has lost a true friend

Tom was a true ambassador to HAM radio. Tom was responsible for starting the post-Art Bell 3840 group here in the western states; however, it expanded to the whole country. Although, he was definitely responsible for doing so, he would not take credit for it. No matter how heated a discussion got Tom would always keep a level head, and never get angry. You could not have asked for a more even-tempered individual than Tom Gleeman, KE6YNH: he did not discriminate, scrutinize, and would talk to one and all.

Yes, Tom will be missed by the many people that checked into 3.840MHz nightly.

R.I.P, Tom; 73, my friend.

John, NV6R

3. WD8IAW

WD8IAW Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom KE6YNH, was a friend to everyone. One of Tom's best qualitys was that he sincerely cared for people and that included evryone. Tom often talked about how he would like to do more for the people that were out of work, loosing their home and down and out. He really cared about the human condition. If more people cared about this world and its population and problems this planet would be a great place to live. The world needs more people like Tom.

Tom you will be missed on 3.840 MHZ but it won't be long and we will all be meeting again on the other side. Take care my friend and I truely enjoyed our time spent in the wee hours of the morning.

See Ya Later,
    Paul WD8IAW

4. KE6ENI

5. KE6ENI

Photo of Tom KE6YNH

Here is a picture taken by Kenny KG6HKM at a county Fair in San Diego Last year of Tom KE6YNH with a Llama.

Be sure to leave a reply with your thoughts on your nights on the air with Tom on 3.840 MHz

Tom_Llama.jpg

Dave, KE6ENI

6. AD6DX

AD6DX Ham Member QRZ Page

The Best Go First

I remember Tom as intelligent, someone who always acted fairly and was a catalyst for calmness.

He seemed to be a truly peaceful soul.

If there were a heated disagreement on the air Tom would get right into the throws of it and calm everyone down by reciting the ideas brought up by both sides, clarifying points and having something good to say about each, which always seemed to help to put things back into perspective, and for that he earned my respect.

He was a friendly Gentleman, always warm and welcoming, and He will be greatly missed.

7. KY4WY

KY4WY Ham Member QRZ Page

Tom was one of the nicest guys, I ever had the pleasure of meeting on ham radio. Dennis

8. VE7REN

VE7REN Ham Member QRZ Page

talked to tom many times and always found him to be a nice guy. one of the nicer guys on ham radio.pleasure to talk to him.many hours spent listening to him too.

9. AC0HD

AC0HD Ham Member QRZ Page

Does anyone know if he ever worked the Special Events Station they normally have in San Diego on the USS Enterprise?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.