ad: M2Ant-1

K8ERV, Tom Lamb - SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by AG4RT, Dec 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

2. W1BR

W1BR Ham Member QRZ Page

Sad news.

3. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

John and his humor will be missed.

4. KD0CAC

KD0CAC Ham Member QRZ Page

Dang , now whos going to poke at us , and any bear in the woods , the ZED ;)
    Or any other creature here .

5. WB8ERJ

WB8ERJ Ham Member QRZ Page

I live in Mansfield Ohio, where Tom lived before he retired and moved to Colorado. I first met Tom back in 1975 on a winter night on 2 meters. He made a passing comment about doing rock climbing in West Virginia. I told him that sounds awesome and that I would like to try that sometime.

When summer came, he called me on the phone and said he was going to Seneca Rocks in West Virginia and did i want to go - why of course I did! That was the beginning of a long friendship with Tom and many trips to Seneca to rock climb.

After he moved, i would occasionally bump into one of his snarky comments on the forum and just smile.

I just now found out about his passing, yes he will be greatly missed, and was a great influencer in my life

WB8ERJ

WN1MB, W8NDB, KK9W and 1 other person like this.
  6. AE1PT

AE1PT Ham Member QRZ Page

No more dog. No more Vanna. No more gentle humor. Another light in QRZ has gone out...:(