ad: TinyPaddle-1

K6K: King Kamehameha Celebration - Special Event Station -Hawaii DX

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KH6ML, May 11, 2021.

Tags:
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. KH6ML

KH6ML XML Subscriber QRZ Page

K6K: King Kamehameha Celebration - Bands and Modes will be update on the website
    Special Event Amateur Radio Station
    Friday, June 11, 2021 06:00am HST - (16:00 UTC) Til 10:00pm HST

Amateur Radio Operators will activate special-event station K6K to celebrate King Kamehameha the Great and Hawai’i’s rich history. K6K special event station will give HAMS a chance to add Hawaii to their logs to earn WAS or DCXX awards.
    2.png

Successful radio contacts are eligible to receive a special and inscribed a certificate bearing the full-color rendition of K6K: King Kamehameha Celebration.

After hearing about the cancellation of all King Kamehameha Celebration parade events statewide, Michael Miller - KH6ML , a community emergency coordinator, spoke with amateur radio operators and a few people with the Commission to see if there was a level of interest to make the event happen.

This station is authorized by the King Kamehameha Celebration Commission as an official event.

The Kamehameha Day Holiday was proclaimed by King Kamehameha I’s grandson, Lot Kapuāiwa - King Kamehameha V, in 1871, followed by an inaugural celebration of events on June 11, 1872. Years later, in 1939, the Commission was formed under the Hawai‘i Territorial Legislature.

TO VIEW A SHORT CLIP OF 2020 lei draping and short history https://fb.watch/4rB_6oMA7H/

Operating Rules:
    • This is not a contest. The idea is to allow as many operators as possible to reach the contact station operators and learn about King Kamehameha the Great and why he is celebrated in Hawai’i.

• All radio operators must operate their stations strictly in accordance with their countries’ or FCC regulations. Any authorized amateur radio frequency may be used.

• Stations should listen for K6K calling “CQ K6K”

• The main modes will be SSB, FM, FT-8, and Winlink. Other Modes maybe be added.

• QSLS: eQSLs are available via LOTW. NO Paper QSLs.

• CERTIFICATES: Are self-printed (by you) for contacts with our Special Event Station. If you contact our Special Event Station, look up your call sign on the following link and print your own certificate: Link to follow. Please allow 30 days for all logs to be processed.
    For more info:https://sites.google.com/view/k6khawaii

2. KH6ML

3. W0KDT

W0KDT Ham Member QRZ Page

Are frequencies posted anywhere? I need only HI to complete WAS/FT8/40 meters and also WAS/40meters.

4. KJ7ZEI

KJ7ZEI Ham Member QRZ Page

Heard you S9 (for a little while) in Boise, Idaho. Tried to get my very first QSO. It was pretty neat to hear stations from farther than I thought my set up would RX.

How many watts were you operating? You sounded like you were across town for 20 minutes or so...

5. KH6ML

Logs will be uploaded to LOTW later this month.

No QSL Cards will be issued.

Please download your K6K - 2021 certificate King Kamehameha Celebration. Please see below for instructions.

The link to K6K - 2021 Certificate(s) is here: http://cert.elemcoshopfloor.com/

Enter the call sign you used to contact us.

There is a drop-down box for events, select K6K: King Kamehameha Celebration 2021, Press Search.

A list will come up showing your contacts if you are in the log. Select the certificate(s) you want to download. You can enter a comment if you wish.
    If there are issues with the certificate please email certificate_issue@gsbarc.org with details of the concern. This is the only email that will address issues with the certificate.

To see maps and mahalo check out https://sites.google.com/view/k6khawaii/home

Thanks for participating.
    MAHALO NUI LOA and 73
    Michael - KH6ML

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021