ad: Retevis-1

K5B Special Events - The Bataan Memorial Death March

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by WB4AEJ, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. WB4AEJ

WB4AEJ Ham Member QRZ Page

On Sunday, March 21, the Mesilla Valley Radio Club will be operating Special Events Station K5B to coincide with the 21st Annual Bataan Memorial Death March Marathon that takes place on the White Sands Missile Range near Las Cruces, New Mexico.

You can read more about the event at: http://www.bataanmarch.com . The Marathon honors the victims and survivors of the Bataan Death March in the Phillipines during World War II.

K5B will be operating from the Mesilla Valley Radio Club station at 6609 Jefferson Street in Las Cruces, NM from 1000Z to 2300Z. Visitors to the station will be welcome.

K5B will be operating as near as possible to 21.305, 14.229, 7.184, and 3.808 megahertz as band conditions permit.

We will be offering a commemorative QSL card for the event.

For information on obtaining a QSL card for contact with K5B, visit http://www.n5bl.org/bataan .

2. KA4AQM

KA4AQM Ham Member QRZ Page

Death March S/E

Fred-
    Thanks for doing the Special Event. I will be working the Virginia QSO Party hot and heavy, so I will listen to your freqs and make an effort to contact the s/e station.
    Randy
    KA4AQM

3. K5BG

K5BG Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank You

My dad is a Bataan survivor and is 87 years old and doing well.
    I will be looking for your special event and will certainly hope for a
    QSO and QSL.
    Many thanks for bringing Bataan to the forefront with a special event.
    Bob Gill, K5BG

4. WB4AEJ

Please thank him for his service to America for all of us. :)

We look forward to working you on Sunday. :)

Fred, WB4AEJ

5. KK9W

KK9W Ham Member QRZ Page

Special Event

It was nice working the Bataan special event station. Good signal and op!

Thanks for the contact.

K4KLB

6. ND6M

ND6M Ham Member QRZ Page

just sitting here listening to the people working K5B. its 10:50 am EST and KZ80 is deliberlitly interfering with K5B, and using the call of VE7KFN.

now its 11:05 and the bozo is using his call and "working split" he neeeds to lose his ticket:mad::mad::mad:

7. WB4AEJ

Glad we could accommodate you.

God Bless our veterans.

Fred, WB4AEJ

8. WB4AEJ

K5B QSL Cards

Greetings, everyone,

The event was yesterday and we estimate we got over four hundred contacts. It was a huge success. Thanks to all who contacted us.

We will be stockpiling the QSL requests until they finally stop coming. At that point, we'll count them and have an appropriate number of QSLs printed.

Then we get to start filling out the cards and stuffing envelopes.

Finally, I'll probably be the one to get the honor of carrying the entire box of SASEs filled with QSL cards to the Post Office.

So you see, this IS going to take a while. Please be patient. Those who worked us [and send a proper request for a K5B commemorative QSL card] will ultimately get one.

73, and may God Bless our veterans.

Fred, WB4AEJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.