ad: MyersEng-1

June 6, 2010 - BREEZESHOOTERS, BUTLER, PA

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by WZ3O, Jun 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
  1. WZ3O

WZ3O Guest

6/6/10
    BUTLER, PA...GREAT TIME:)

2. KB3LAZ

KB3LAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've been going to that fest ever since I was a small boy of about age 5 or 6. It is truly a good fest to visit and lucky for me it is not too far away. The only time that I am ever disappointed is when nature tries to intervene and it storms, but there is not much that can be done about that.

As a side note I am really looking forward to going this year because I have a list! Heh, gotta pick up a few boat anchors.:)

3. KC8QMU

KC8QMU Ham Member QRZ Page

Looking forward to Sunday!

4. KB3UOE

KB3UOE Ham Member QRZ Page

First hamfest I've ever gone to. I have to say I was impressed. I loved all the possiblity for great deals and those kinds of things. Definitely have to go to another before college.

5. KB3LAZ

If you think that is good you should be there on a year that it doesnt rain. Last year was a good turn out. I have gone a few years that blew this year out of the water. However all things considered it wasnt a bad turn out. I even managed to snag a good deal on a boat anchor.

6. KB3QFQ

KB3QFQ Ham Member QRZ Page

It was also my first hamfest, and I really enjoyed it. I was talking to a couple members of my local radio club, and they have also said that this year was small in comparison.

Anyway, I think it was a great 'fest. Can't wait for next year!

7. KB3LAZ

I really miss the fests of yesteryear but I have to agree that this hamfest is one of the better ones left. Then again I will also note that if you have a small fest near you it is a good idea to attend because that is often where deals are to be had because there is less competition.

Whilst I am merely an infant in terms of being a radio amateur I can tell you that over the last 15+ years that I have been attending hamfests with my grandfather they seem to have depleted into merely a shadow of their former selves. Which is why I really enjoy fest such as this because they are a symbol of what once was the 'norm', at least in my lifetime.

That aside, I am glad that both of you had a good time at your first fest. I can remember the awestruck feeling that crept over me at my first fest and can only assume that it was the same for the both of you. Here's to your next fest, may it be just as impressionable!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.