ad: TinyPaddle-1

Jeremy "Jerry" Muller, K0TV, former WA1TZV (SK)

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by W1RC, Oct 30, 2015.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. W1RC

W1RC Subscriber QRZ Page

I lost a wonderful friend of 40 years the other day, Monday, October 26th, 2015. Jeremy "Jerry" Muller, K0TV, formerly WA1TZV is now operating his station from another plane.

Jerry was a great amateur radio,operator, probably best known for his contesting skills. His station in Hudson NH was truly awesome. Jerry's tower case about fifteen years ago was landmark in NH. Jerry was also a very skilled pilot and flight instructor as well as a creative photographer.

[​IMG]

Jerry held the position of Early Entry Gatekeeper at NEAR-Fest in Deerfield NH since the first one in 2007. Here he is at his post at NEAR-Fest XV in May 2014. No one without the correct pass got past Jerry. We will remember his always and miss him terribly.

Note Jerry's NH license plate "KMIT". To find out what it means see this link:

http://forum.near-fest.com/index.php?topic=1227.0

Jerry, You’re in a better place with no pain and suffering, in ham radio heaven where all the DX is rare, every station is a multiplier, with no QRM and all QSOs are 40dB over S9. It was a privilege and honor to know you all these years and call you my friend.

May you rest in peace. You are sadly missed by all your friends especially at NEAR-Fest, aka the New England Amateur,Radio Festival at Deerfield MH. The next two hamfests, NEAR-Fest XIX and XX will be dedicated to Jerry's memory.

Mister Mike, W1RC,
    Benevolent Dictator,
    NEAR-Fest

2. N1ICE

N1ICE Ham Member QRZ Page

Thank you for writing this about Jerry. I miss him and I miss contesting at this station. Hard to believe he is gone. --N1ice

3. AE1N

AE1N Ham Member QRZ Page

I was only lucky to know Jerry for a few years. He has an infamous fight with the town regarding his antennas which I eventually won..He was quite a contester. In the DX contests I used to hear a female voice singing W0TV. I think he was using a voice keyer, but the female voice really cut through the QRM.
    ---Layne AE1N