ad: Radclub22-1

It's Ladies Night at Ham Nation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by W5JDX, Sep 2, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. W5JDX

W5JDX Ham Member QRZ Page

This Wednesday night is Ladies Night on Ham Nation. Bob, Gordon, George, Don and the other guys will be watching from the sidelines as Amanda, Valerie and an all XYL cast take over the airwaves.

Catch it live Wednesday night September 7th at 8 PM CDT, 0100 UTC on http://live.twit.tv
    or watch the download available later at www.twit.tv/hn

AF6LJ, WM9F, K3TEF and 1 other person like this.
  2. W7CDP

W7CDP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Glad to hear your having a ladies night. We have been trying to get women involved in a 2 meter net covering most of Washington State, Northern Idaho and part of southern British Columbia. During our regular nets every morning at 7am (www.kbara.net) we remind people to check in, gather them off the street or anywhere. So far we have been at it about a year and have had very little luck. I'd like to here some ideas to get women involved in ham radio. Thanks, Craig W7CDP (Thanks to you Gordon, I landed all 3 of my classes using your CD's and now working on CW, I just wanted to thank you very much for making it fun...)

K7ELJ likes this.
  3. K0UO

K0UO Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Great job we started a YL net's an it is unbelievable amount of people on now.

4. KK6KSY

KK6KSY Ham Member QRZ Page

I am KK6KSY Tina Madsen and I am the trustee of a ladies net called KM6CIR Ladies of the Net. I’m also the first female net controller for the California Rescue Communications 40 Meter Net. For this I am endlessly grateful to my mentor Mr. Gordon West. He inspired me to start the ladies net. KM6CIR Ladies of the Net is an informal net dedicated for women with a current appropriate amateur license. Our group meets at 10am PST on 7.245 every week day morning. I am so excited to find more and more ladies getting involved in Ham Radio. At first some of the ladies seem timid to talk on the radio. Then once we all start chatting away we have so much fun; before too long the timidness goes away. No one is a stranger. Having a net with just ladies gives us a round table to discuss topics of interest to all women. We have check-ins reaching over 1/2 the country. Once a lady checks in she's hooked with our friendly group. Many activities are planned including running a Special Event on Board the USS Hornet Aircraft Carrier. All ladies are invited to join us daily there is no financial obligation.

W4KMK and WY7YL like this.
  5. K3LU

K3LU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bravo! Great idea fellas!