ad: Flexradio-1

Is there a Mac in your Shack? K6UDA Radio Episode 39

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by K6UDA, Jan 1, 2017.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. NA4IT

NA4IT Ham Member QRZ Page

No Mac, but I do run Linux Mint... :D

2. AI6AK

AI6AK Ham Member QRZ Page

I also use Rumlog on my MacBook Pro. Downloading/uploading both LOTW and EQSL is one click. Simple.

3. K5KTD

K5KTD Ham Member QRZ Page

4. VE7IAF

VE7IAF Ham Member QRZ Page

"A Mac in my shack?" Buddy, I'll do you one better. I got a shack in my Mack.

K6UDA and K9PLG like this.
  5. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

No Mac in the shack. Don't like Clown Food.
    My Favorite is the Big Buford (But I'll settle for a Bacon King)

KM1H likes this.
  6. PY4CK

PY4CK Ham Member QRZ Page

I sympathize with everything you say on the video. I've been using Maclogger DX for many years now and not only it is a tremendous nice software running smoothing on Mac but Don, the developer and supporter is top on customer service. Whenever I had a problem with making it work with a new radio, he was always ready to help in a speedy time. The software and himself are a perfect match.

73!
    Eduardo - PY4CK

7. KC4LRR

KC4LRR XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use MacLoggerDx about two years and love it... iMac in the shack and MacBook Pro when not in the shack. Just put the database on Dropbox or other iCloud storage. DXCluster and Spots. I like the BANDs screen to get a visual of what activity is on the banks. Check mark by the ones I have worked. Don is fast to answer questions and do updates for new radios / features. You can't go wrong with it. USB and Icom Remote via FDTI cable from VE = Logging, rig control and digital modes with other software. Also works with Ten-Tec Eagle and Elecraft KX3...

Happy New Year !

RJ~KC4LRR

8. K7LZR

K7LZR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

No Apple computers here. I've used them in the past (OS X Snow Leopard) and they are wonderful machines, but my Linux & Win 7 boxes are every bit as reliable as the Mac and just as easy to use (for me anyway). And many more repair & upgrade options locally. I ran a 70cm repeater/remote base system on a Win XP machine for 11 years and only had to intervene if hardware failed.

9. KG4AKV

KG4AKV Ham Member QRZ Page

I did not know this. Thanks for sharing.

AA5AZ likes this.
  10. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

Ive been building PC's since the 8 mHz 286 and used various versions of DOS and Win Doze since 3.1. I will not use Win 8 or 10 and the various PC's here run just fine and trouble free on XP SP4 and Win 7 Pro 64 bit on an I5 quad core machine.

11. KI6ADA

KI6ADA Ham Member QRZ Page

how much longer is the transceiver manufactures going to hold out on mac programming option for their radios. its very frustrating to see the cables and software for only PC. My MAC is better than any PC on the market.

AA5AZ likes this.
  12. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Is there more info or instructions on this somewhere?

13. W1JAC

W1JAC XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No MAC here though I have used OSX on occasion; I have to run Windows to control my Flex . My main
    computer runs Ubuntu 16.04 which I use to run NetLogger. My fondest hope is that someone ports Flex
    software for use with Linux!

14. K0IP

K0IP Ham Member QRZ Page

seldom add any of my thoughts, My thoughts are some what useless, but this is the perfect place to voice them , since most of this is useless ?? 10-4
    if I have a mac attack, I go to the drive through, if that doesn't quench my Mac Attack, I just shoot my self in the foot. too much good stuff , much free, for windows, just not worth the hassle. so there more useless information from the masses.

15. AA5AZ

AA5AZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yeah, exactly! That's why when I see a Windows software post I go in and say things like, "How can you live in the year 1996 and still deal with Broken Windows?"

Every time I see a Broken Windows post, I do my best to jab at everybody in there, because all those Windows fans give a shit and will stop even wanting any updates to Mac Software.

N0IRS likes this.