ad: Schulman-1

Is Frostfest (Richmond VA) Feb 1 any good?

Discussion in 'Hamfest and Convention Calendar' started by KK4EAY, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: HRDLLC-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-Geochron
ad: abrind-2
  1. KK4EAY

KK4EAY Ham Member QRZ Page

I didn't see a listing here but I got a card advertising it. The ad says its the largest east coast one but it only runs one day from 8:30 - 3:30, is it decent sized usually? Any good finds? It is about an hour and a half drive and its not the end of the world to make the drive but I am curious if it is worth it overall.

2. WB4GVZ

WB4GVZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Absolutely large and well attended. I suspect 2500 hams. Plenty of indoor tables. Best to purchase ticket early as the line will be long and the weather will be cold!! The line is outside!

wb4gvz

3. KC4JGT

KC4JGT banned

I was there last year. It reminded me of the year before. I didnt go to the one the year before but a friend of mine did. He said it reminded him of the one the year before that. I told him I went to that one. I'm debating on going to this upcoming one but am still undecided. If I go and I remember your query here I will let you know. If not I may see you there. Look for the guy with a hat.

4. KI4WCK

KI4WCK Ham Member QRZ Page

I posted the info for Frosfest earlier today, but it hasn't been approved by the admins just yet.

Yes it is a one day show and the attendance number is about right. If you go over to www.frostfest.com you'll see all the info about the show.

Thanks and hope to see you there

5. WJ4U

WJ4U Subscriber QRZ Page

Ordered my ticket online. When I went before, Yaesu and Elecraft were there, several large dealers and lots of local guys, some with interesting stuff, some with junk. ARRL and club tables too. The midday seminar was pretty interesting and nice to take a break from walking the concrete floors. Food is ok, coffee is hot.

6. KA0HCP

KA0HCP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Bonus: Quarterly gun show in the arena next door both Saturday & Sunday. Two opportunities to be a "Big Gun"! :)

http://www.showmasters.us/

7. AE4LH

AE4LH Ham Member QRZ Page

If I lived that close I would certainly attend. I enjoyed going to Frostfest, when living in the area. Have fun!

vy 73 de David AE4LH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.