ad: Radclub22-1

International Operators needed

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB2FMH, Feb 19, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. AC3MB

AC3MB XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi James, I'd be interested in this too. I'm limited to 100w, a wire, and midnight shift, but if it helps I can donate some time during those days I think. I get out pretty well on 40/80 most nights. I'm in EPA btw.
    Otherwise, great cause, and thanks for setting it up!
    -Matt

2. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

James,

If it weren't for me being the sole 24/7/365 caregiver for my XYL who has severe Cerebral Palsy, I otherwise would certainly like to get in on it. You see, my on-air time is very limited, and even when I am able to operate, I often must QRT at a moment's notice to come to her aid. Therefore, committing to any type of SKED is simply not doable. Thank you, though, for reaching out.

73 es ZUT,
    Chip W9EBE

3. KA5PNX

KA5PNX Ham Member QRZ Page

4. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Queue up Sade's "Smooth Operator" :D

5. KB2FMH

KB2FMH Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I understand Chip, it must be daunting. You're doing something far better than our radio activity ever could.

6. KB2FMH

I was recently made aware of this Michael, and have made adjustments removing that organization. Not knowing firsthand, I was a victim of their marketing strategy.

7. KB2FMH

Thanks Matt, any air time will help. I'll be sending an info package via email soon.

8. W9EBE

W9EBE Subscriber QRZ Page

Thank you, James, for your very kind words and your understanding.

Caring for my XYL can be daunting at times, but, it's a labor of love. I like the quote I heard somewhere:
    "I don't have to care for her, I get to care for her."

73 es ZUT,
    Chip W9EBE

9. N7KO

N7KO Ham Member QRZ Page

Very good, CW mode is what I prefer, look forward to getting the packet information.

10. YV4AW

YV4AW XML Subscriber QRZ Page

What a beautiful and great idea, congratulations. I have a niece with TEA and she is the princess of the family, intelligent and with a beautiful blue heart. Activation Successes

73/88
    YV4AW -Carolina

Hello Hams around the world -
    To paraphrase an old US Marines slogan from the Eighties; We're looking for a few Good Operators.
    As some may know, besides POTA and DX operations, I also produce some special events that touch people significantly throughout the year. Most are local and a small team of folks have become regulars in helping operate but good things evolve and expand.

With the great results of the recent SE operation of K2C for International Childhood Cancer Awareness Day that wrapped up 2/15/23 I find it will best serve those we seek to support by enlisting a more global team of operators.
    We can use more US operators as well, spread across the country.

For this reason I am looking for volunteers from all around the world. Particularly seasoned activators who can handle a pileup with professionalism and maintain the integrity of the cause. If you're "Mic Shy" it may not be for you but if you like to talk and can speak with ease, then come join us; the shyness will quickly disappear. So, don't Be Shy - Step forward for a good cause. POTA Operators would be ideal.

You'd also need to commit to time on the air and have a station able to reach a wide audience as conditions allow which is why incorporating it into a POTA activation is an ideal way to help out while still doing what you like (you Can do it from home if you wish). You may operate in any mode of your choice keeping in mind the goal is to steer callers to the QRZ page to learn about what we're doing. If you can fit that into an FT8/4 exchange, go for it.

We have, coming this March 25 to April 2, World Autism Awareness Week in an effort to bring more awareness to globally to Autism Spectrum Disorder. The call is W2A in the US (QRZ page already up) but each country will need its own special event call that reflects the theme of the event - Autism Awareness.
    International Volunteers will be asked to secure local special event calls in advance and let me know so I can include them on the event QRZ page.

We use a Discord chat group channel to coordinate bands / modes but with the nuances of propagation it would be advantageous to have operators on the same bands in different locations but, coordination via Discord Chat is paramount to success - we Must know who is where and when.
    Ideally you can do it from parks to take advantage of our almost 34,000 members world-wide to get the activation while spreading the word we want to get out. To do this, you'd use the event call, W2A in the US and whatever special call you get in any other country, in the log field "Station_Callsign", and Your call in the field "Operator". You then simply send you final log file to us and we'll take care of the rest.

Anyone interested in volunteering to help may email me at hamradioevents@gmail.com with Special Events in the subject line (Helps with filtering away from the Spam) and I will send you the chat invite and details with simple script.

Thanks in advance.
    James / KB2FMH[/QUOTE]

11. KB2FMH

[/QUOTE]

Would you have any interest in being our station in Argentina for this event Carolina? Any operating you can do will be helpful..

12. KC3DJV

KC3DJV XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Great Special Event! My wife is a pediatric Speech Language Pathologist who has worked with preschoolers, many of whom are on the spectrum for the past 28 years. Awareness is so important. I will try to help out, although my schedule is ever shifting, and I only have 100 watts here in South Central PA.

W9EBE likes this.
  13. KB2FMH

Thanks Bret, any help is appreciated. I will send you an info package this week.

14. KB2FMH

Would you be interested in being an operator for this Henry - Smooth is what we're looking for and can use a station in MA to help expand the reach..

KQ1V likes this.
  15. KQ1V

KQ1V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Yup, also I run 100 watts and a wire.

KC1OCA likes this.