ad: UR5CDX-1

'Inside' HamRadioNow: KICKSTARTER Launch to cover ARRL/TAPR 2013 DCC Video

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K4AAQ, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. K4AAQ

K4AAQ Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]
    HAMRADIONOW.tv

Episode 90:
    "Inside HamRadioNow"
    KICKSTARTER Launch for
    ARRL and TAPR DCC Video Production

<small><big>Episode Ninety is another show about the show. I talk about the </big></small><small><big></big></small><small><big>KICKSTARTER</big></small><small><big> campaign we just launched to fund video production of the </big></small><small><big>2013 ARRL and TAPR Digital Communications Conference.</big></small>
    <small><big>
    </big></small><small><big>If we had you at 'hello,' you can go directly to the Kickstarter and pledge. If you want to know more, read on, then roll Episode 90.</big></small><small><small><small><big></big></small><small>

KICKSTARTER Campaign Ends Labor Day, September 2nd

</small>
    </small>
    </small>
    <small><big>This year, the DCC heads west to Seattle.... a long way </big></small><small><big>from our North Carolina base. We'd like to do our usual complete video production of the conference, but we can't afford to underwrite it and hope viewers cover it later with contributions. So we've launched a KICKSTARTER to get funding in advance. We're asking for viewers to pledge a total of $10,000. (typo-check.... $10,000 confirmed). The KICKSTARTER folks approved our project on Friday (August 9). The campaign ends on Labor Day–September 2nd at 11:59 PM.</big></small><small>

HAM
    RADIONOW
    </small>
    <small><big> has produced video of the DCC for four of the past five years. We shot every presentation, including the Saturday dinner and Sunday four-hour "deep-dive" (excluding the "introductory" talks in 2012). In 2008 and 2009, we sold DVDs. In 2011 and 2012, we put everything on-line and requested voluntary contributions. Online viewership was way up compared to DVD sales, but contributions were disappointing (we took a bath). We skipped 2010 because the conference was on the west coast. With KICKSTARTER funding, we can afford to go out there and produce the video again.

Episode 90 shows the actual KICKSTARTER launch (Watch me push the actual 'GO' button!), and talks about the project. We also reveal some new hardware we just bought to make the shows easier and faster to produce (that means more of them, sooner!).
    </big></small><small><small><small>
    </small>
    </small>
    </small>

<small><small><small>PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD
    </small>
    </small>
    </small>
    <small><small><small>A KICKSTARTER is all or nothing. We reach the goal, we get the money. We don't reach it (by even $1), we get nothing, and everyone who did pledge pays nothing (and we don't make the programs). This works by getting the word out! I'll do everything I can, but if you think this is worthwhile — if you want to be able to watch this year's DCC sessions online — please spread the word among hams who might be interested. On-topic mailing lists and forums, club meetings, nets, conversations... please be reasonable and don't spam. If someone else has posted the info, just add your confirmation.

Premiums
    <small></small>I've listed a couple of premiums for hams pledging at some pretty high levels ($100/$250). I'll spend some time working on some more, and I believe that if you pledge now, you can adjust the premium you want later. I've already had some good suggestions.

Note that if we do the videos, they will be on-line, free for anyone to watch. If you're asking yourself "then why should I pledge any money," the answer is "so the video will get done." All of HamRadioNow's on-line videos are done that way. The only difference here is that if you really want to see these talks, you risk not seeing anything if you don't pledge.
    </small>
    <small>
    </small>
    <small>
    <small><small><small><small><small>
    <small><small>Links:
    </small></small>​
    </small>
    </small></small>
    </small>
    </small></small>
    </small>