ad: LZQSLprint-1

Indian DX Club International celebrates World Radio Day

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by VU3HZW, Feb 13, 2023.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. VU3HZW

VU3HZW Ham Member QRZ Page

[​IMG]

Indian DX Club International celebrated World Radio Day 2023 on Sunday 12th 2023. Every year a small group of hardcore radio loyalist meetup in Kolkatta to celebrate World Radio Day. Unlike ham radio hobbyist, who are mostly tied up with the ham bands. This group is into receiving & identifying distant radio transmissions from various commerical radio braodcasters.
    Many times, Dxers (as they are popularly referred to ) write a letter to these distant radio braocasters with key details of the transmission and broadcasters send them QSL cards acknowldging the same. Dxers take immense pride in these QSL Cards.

IDXCI according to itself –“Indian DX Club International (IDXCI) is an informal association of DXers mainly from India. Head quartered at Kolkata, India the association brings out the “Asian DX Review” DX bulletin which is presently an online publication which is distributed free. It has also been active in organising DXpeditions and promoting the hobby of radio DXing in general.”

Source: https://itshamradio.com/ -- India's Only Active Ham Radio News & Blog

PY2NEA likes this.
  2. VK5KKS

VK5KKS Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe they should all get together and protest the closure of Radio Australia, one of the most popular short wave broadcasters ever. It's been a few years since Radio Australia closed down but it still makes me angry. :mad:

3. VU2ZOC

VU2ZOC Ham Member QRZ Page

They are very good DX-er...

4. EP3ISF

EP3ISF Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck to All friend in INDIA .... 73

VU2ZOC likes this.
  5. 2E0ETU

2E0ETU Ham Member QRZ Page

i was a swl for 40odd yrs but gave up when lots of stations closed , i became a ham but still long for the swl days ,so good luck guys and all the best

VU2ZOC likes this.
  6. LA5HE

LA5HE Ham Member QRZ Page

I AM HAPPY TO FIND MORE VUs on CW these days. I work a handful on 40/80 m CW frequently. Not much on 160 after VU2PAI died. I wonder why not more topband activity from India ? 73 de RAG LA5HE

VU2ZOC likes this.