ad: LZQSLprint-1

In memory of VK6IP/W3ZVK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by vk6zpp, May 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. vk6zpp

vk6zpp Ham Member QRZ Page

Announcing the passing of Karl Kheun Kryk "KK" recently of Nilgen in Western Australia.I was priviledged to call Karl my mate. Karl had an Alpacca "Ranch" on 41 acres and was an avid Dxer. Karl had US ties to the Valley Forge Military Academy and made regular trips back for reunions. I was fortunate to receive a bequest of some of Karls AR equipment. His generosity blew me away! Amongst the equipment was an Emtron DX2 HF Linear and an Icom 746 Pro. Karls 2 daughters and ex wife still live in Western Australia. Karl also left a quantity of towers,antenna's, coax and antenna cable to the Northern Corridor Radio Group Inc. Karl was diagnosed with an inoperable tumour some two years ago.At that stage he was given only six months to live. Karl was in many respects a private man. He always had time for helping other people however. He also left AR gear to Cliff VK6NK and John VK6 JJ. One of his US AR buddies will soon receive a parcel of gear from him...Enjoy! Karls bio is featured on this site at VK6IP. A number of Vibroplex keys have been found from amongst his estate. One of these left to me (VK6ZPP) has been donated to the NCRG as an annual prize for local achievements in theVHF/UHF portion of a Worked All Shires award in VK6...See www.ncrg.org.au for details. It was my honour to know Karl for these past 20 years and we had many 6 metre contacts where he would recount stories of the antics of the Pacca Pacs! He had a huge indoor model railroad setup in his living room and enjoyed chatting with his US buddies over Echolink on IRLP in recent times. Vale VK6IP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.