ad: GoBoxRadio-1

Hurricane Matthew Amateur Radio Emergency Network

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by 4L5A, Oct 3, 2016.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
  1. 4L5A

4L5A QRZ Lifetime Member #68 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hurricane Matthew is crossing the Caribbean heading toward Jamaica, Haiti and Cuba.
    The American Hurricane Watch Net is operating on 14.325 and 7.268 MHz as the storm works its way through the region.

http://dxnews.com/hurricane-matthew/

N6OPS likes this.
  2. VE3XIN

VE3XIN Ham Member QRZ Page

Doug CO8DM and Raul CO8ZZ in the Province de Las Tunas and Manny CM8MLK in Gibara, Holguin report that most of ham radio operators Eastern Cuba took their large HF antennas down and are prepared for emergency communications with simple horizontal dipoles for HF and 2 m band

Mirek VE3XIN

KF4ZKU likes this.
  3. F6HTS

F6HTS Ham Member QRZ Page

73 please add my indicative F6HTS t you

4. VE3XIN

Eduardo CO8LY in Santiago de Cuba city is emergency communications co-coordinator in that province.

Our hearts are with all on the path of Hurricane Matthew.

Mirek VE3XIN

KF4ZKU and N6OPS like this.
  5. KZ3H

KZ3H Ham Member QRZ Page

I will keep watch on 20M and 40M for emergency/health and welfare traffic. Digital modes are also available.

de KZ3H

6. WP2SC

WP2SC Ham Member QRZ Page

I just got my 20m wire back up after some winds here in St. Croix, US Virgin Islands took them down. I'll be monitoring 20m when I can.

N6OPS likes this.
  7. KA1LWR

KA1LWR Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been monitoring this storm..and I am amazed at the ships in this storm...every time I look at maritimetraffic I see ships in the storm..

N7GRV likes this.
  8. KG5OQH

KG5OQH Ham Member QRZ Page

73 to all of the people that are in the way of hurricane Matthew prayers are with y'all I wish I could help but no HF if I can I will can someone put the 2m frequencys on I would appreciate it thanks
    And 73 from
    KG5OQH
    Based in Schertz Texas

N6OPS likes this.
  9. KB3WGE

KB3WGE Ham Member QRZ Page

God bless ALL the optrs. helping out with the emer. comm. for the hurricaine,again God bless & Godspeed...73's ALL my prayers r with you..KB3WGE a.k.a. Jimi.

KF4ZKU likes this.
  10. KZ3H

KZ3H Ham Member QRZ Page

I hear from the Cuban stations via PSK 31... I will continue to monitor the nets, I have digital capability (CW, PSK, MT63, PACTOR) if any station wants to file or move traffic from affected areas. I can translate Spanish, limited French/Creole.

de KZ3H

KF4ZKU likes this.
  11. VE3XIN

I (5:45 PM local time) message from Raul CO8ZZ - Official communication system in Guantanamo Provnice has collapsed - all communications are going via Ham NET

At this moment eye of Hurricane Matthew is 45 km South off the coast of Guantanamo Province - about 35 km West of Punta Maisi where landfall is expected in about 2 hours.

Mirek VE3XIN

12. VE3XIN

At about 6:35 PM Matthew made landfall 15 km West of Punta Maisi - the most South Eastern tip of Cuba.

Mirek VE3XIN

13. WP2SC

WP2SC Ham Member QRZ Page

Here in St. Croix VI (which is out of harms way as Matthew passed by several days ago) the store shelves are bare as no ships apparently made it to deliver milk and other perishables this week. Boxed milk it is, not a terrible inconvenience considering what some will be going through.

14. N1GKE

N1GKE Ham Member QRZ Page

Good morning from Rhode Island. My station is locked on 7.047.00 on the first vfo. The second receiver in this radio is used for wandering around the bands. From today September 5th through next Tuesday September 11th
    I will monitor some of the net frequencies. In addition, I have installed two more wire beams focusing on the Caribbean area and the Atlantic Coast of the US.
    Daily I am on the Waterway CW Net which operates on 7.047 and onr of our regular check ins is Hernan CO8HH, located in Gibara.Prov Holguin. He has been off the air now three days The Waterway CW Net is an open net
    for all stations, you need not be a member. This net operates everyday all year long. The early bird session for check ins to get on the list is usually at 06:30 and the net itself begins at 07:00.
    Priority is given to/MM, /M &/ST,ST short timers, in and out with their wx info.

15. KD4MOJ

KD4MOJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Back to the Future Part IV? :)

...DOUG
    KD4MOJ