ad: ProAudio-1

Huge Coronal Hole Darkens the Sun: Solar Storm Forecast 03-22-2018

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KB7TBT, Mar 22, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
  1. LA6VQ

LA6VQ Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Carl, don't worry. Just point the beam north. You never know what multipliers Aurora may give you. She can be quite generous. ;)

KB7TBT likes this.
  2. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

3. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

RE: at HF--To a large extent, we can just ignore space weather until 2024.....prop has two flavors for the duration: bad and horrible.

KB7TBT, VE7JBX, NU4R and 2 others like this.
  4. AA8GK

AA8GK Ham Member QRZ Page

Dr. Tamitha ROXXXXXX!!!!!!

KB7TBT, VK4ZEN and NK2U like this.
  5. KE0EYJ

KE0EYJ Ham Member QRZ Page

It's after 10pm here, and I just knocked-down half a dozen 20m contacts to Germany, and several more to the EU, from my HL1ZIX location, in Korea. Pointed the moxon yagi North over the pole -- seems to be punching through, despite overall bad condx. Lots of people stretching their legs for the contest.

6. WM5L

WM5L XML Subscriber QRZ Page

No

7. W4HM

W4HM Ham Member QRZ Page

8. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

...but not exactly 24 hr DX, and 10 minute WAC on 10M with 10 watts and a whip as with decent sunspot (near) max (1991; 2000).

KE0EYJ likes this.
  9. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

PASSING wind....

10. W6LDX

W6LDX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

According to all available sources this bit of solar information is false or fake news as certain people call it. Check for yourself and back it up with the current solar terrestrial conditions.

W1YW likes this.
  11. K2CD

K2CD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Seems legit. . . SFI: 069, A: 07, K: 03

Plenty of signals heard here. 20M is working for me over the North Pole. Maybe a little more flutter than usual. OH5Z sounded like he was inside of a barrel. R1DX was tinkling like a bell. Definitely not a quiet geomagnetic field, but at least signals are coming through, and it's reciprocal. Usually when it's real bad the guys south of here fare better.

NK2U likes this.
  12. W4NNF

W4NNF XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Shot through a Calcium K filter. ;)

13. W4NNF

Do you mean there is no coronal hole? If so, you are mistaken or you just didn't look at many "sources." ;)

http://www.spaceweather.com/

WU8Y likes this.
  14. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Of course its shot with a filter. The point is that the info provided has no relevance to the image, and thus we must conclude its for aesthetic impact.

15. W4NNF

Not exactly. Calcium K is a good band to show details like this--as was pretty obvious to me. Clearer her than a hydrogen alpha image. ;)