ad: Flexradio-1

HRD Releases Version 6.0 at HamCation

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WJ6R, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
  1. KA9JLM

KA9JLM Ham Member QRZ Page

I do believe you will see ports opening to connect when you start HRD.

If you are connected to the internet then it can do some magic.

2. W4PG

W4PG QRZ Lifetime Member #279 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

It's difficult to do up-to-date call sign lookups without an internet connection or connect to the DX Cluster, but the program works just fine. Many folks who use HRD without an internet connection set the program up to use a CD for lookups, for instance. It gives you many different options for lookups.

.................Bob

3. K2NCC

K2NCC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm okay with all that. I may not want HRD "calling home" every time I start it up. I can't disable check for updates, but that's the only thing I've found I can't catch on it's way out the door without disabling access for the whole suite.

4. KB3NPH

KB3NPH Ham Member QRZ Page

HRD DOES NOT call home every time you start it up. The ports you may see opening and closing are used internally by HRD to interconnect and transfer data between modules. There is a setting in HRD Rig control that allows the program to PROMPT you daily, weekly or monthly to check for updates. It NEVER automatically checkes for program updates. In Version 6, Logbook, there is an option in the DX Cluster options to allow for an automatic download of an eQSL and an LoTW membership database used in the DX Cluster spots to indicate whether a spot uses eQSL or LoTW for QSLing. That option can also be set to do automatically or manually so, you see, HRD does not "call home" without YOU knowing it or allowing it to do so.

5. KB3NPH

Sir, since you don't own or use HRD, I would like to offer you a guided tour. I would be very willing to allow you to connect to my computer using TeamViewer and let you see that DXL doesn't in any compare to Ham Radio Deluxe. I have used DXL suite and it is a nice program. Has a nice logbook and spot collector along with a really nice of doing it's updates, but as far as what it's capable of doing it just can't compare. By taking me up on my offer, it doesn't cost you anything but a little time to see and judge for yourself.

73 de Tim (KB3NPH)

6. KF6ABU

KF6ABU Ham Member QRZ Page

Is the Country list or unique callsign database ever going to be updated again or was it a one time thing?

Thanks

7. AB1QP

AB1QP Ham Member QRZ Page

Any reason not to ask -->here:http://forums.hrdsoftwarellc.com/

8. KF6ABU

Yes, becuase it went unanswered, and last time I asked KB3NPH on this forum he answered, and updated it.

How's that?

9. AA7BQ

AA7BQ QRZ Founder QRZ HQ Staff QRZ Page

Price Police

I'll say it just one more time. The next person to complain about the price of this product will be BANNED from QRZ.

10. KB3NPH

I just sent a new Unique Call Database to them about 3 days ago. I am the one who takes care of that and I try to do one a month. I try to get them to get them up ASAP on the website but sometimes it gets lost in the shuffel. I believe the last update that is on the website is dated in December. You have go on the website to check for updates. They aren't going to just jump onto your computer. Sometimes I wish there was a way I could make them do that.... HI HI...

11. KF6ABU

Yes, I have been checking for sometime, and noticed they had not been updated since last time.

Does the new version update automatically from a different source? Or does it need to be update in the same sort of way and still rely on the updated files to be downloaded and loaded etc?

Thanks for the update

12. KB3NPH

Unfortunately I have checked all over the place and can not find anywhere to get a regularly updated copy. Each update has to be manually typed out and entered into HRD. Actually you guys could do that for yourselves. It's quite simple to do using Daily DX as a source then in the HRD Logbook menu, click on Countries, then Unique Call and add the data. There are actually 2 UCSDBs in HRD. A Private one that the operators usually keep up to date with calls they work and the Public DB which is the one I prepare.

13. KF6ABU

Does that mean its still the same in version 6?

14. KB3NPH

If you mean the same as in being user updatable, yes it is. I do know, when I took over doing the UCSDB there was a LOT of mistakes in there as far as callsign formats, using like KB3NPH/T6 instead of using T6/KB3NPH and the calls were not parsing out properly but I think I have that all straight now.

15. KF6ABU

Not being user updateable, but having to be updated manaually everytime there is a change - no automatic mechanism to update in the new version?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.