ad: ProAudio-1

HRD Callsign Lookup

Discussion in 'QRZ XML Logbook Data' started by VK5RY, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. VK5RY

VK5RY Ham Member QRZ Page

I am running Ham Radio Deluxe V5. I use the Call sign Lookup feature provided in the Logbook. I have a premium subscription with QRZ.com. My question is concerning the behaviour of this feature. When I enter a callsign the details sometimes, but not always appear below. The Station, Country, Operational, IOTA information appears, but only sometimes the operator's details. This is the case for operators who have QRZ.com accounts. In my case, for example, the details section does not appear yet if I select the QRZ.com button then my qrz.com web page loads no problem. This is the same for other operators where the details do not appear as well.

What feature in qrz.com enables or disables this feature?

Rob
    VK5RY

2. K2DSL

K2DSL Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Rob,

Which version of HRD are you running? Older versions except the latest or maybe the version before the current latest would eventually time out with the XML subscription and not renew the key that is needed. The latest version of HRD 5 handles the XML key better and I don't notice this any longer. http://www.hamradiodeluxe.com/HRDv5.aspx to get the latest download from March 29th.

If that's not the case, is the behavior you see consistent for specific call signs and is repeatable? Can you provide an example of a call sign that doesn't work?

K2DSL - David

3. VK5RY

VK5RY Ham Member QRZ Page

David,
    Thanks for your assistance. I was running V5 but the release prior to the current one when I was having the problem. Have updated V5 to the most recent and issue has gone away. My callsign now triggers the details section at the bottom of the lookup.
    Thanks again
    Rob
    VK5RY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.