ad: TinyPaddle-1

HR2.0 - New FCC RF Safety Rules | Ham Radio Livestream with Ria Jiaram

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, May 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. KD5BVX

KD5BVX Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Plus, we live in an overly litigious society...

KB1MM, AJ6KZ, WB4YAL and 2 others like this.
  2. KO2Q

KO2Q Lifetime Member 562 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Yes. That too.

WB4YAL likes this.
  3. KK4RAG

KK4RAG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Why wasn't there any mention of 5G effects on humans and birds? Someone should start inspections with them first. They just roll out some killer technology and greed helps them get away with it.

AJ6KZ and F8WBD like this.
  4. WB4YAL

WB4YAL Ham Member QRZ Page

After 41 years of rf exposure in ham radio, I should either be "well done" or glow in the dark.;)

5. W9BRD

W9BRD Ham Member QRZ Page

Please roll out some science-based evidence that 5G is "killer" technology. I'll even settle for just the facts on how the sound of wind turbines causes cancer.

KX4O, AJ6KZ, KA5RIO and 1 other person like this.
  6. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

You insinuation of pseudo-science is neither accurate, appreciated, nor contextual.

Go find another windmill OM.

Methinks you shouldn't pinch your nose, but instead hold your tongue. Stay with facts.

7. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hey Cam--

When you run your Humvee with (your) 100+ watt HF rig and HF whip, what is the minimum distance you expect to have to meet the RF compliance requirement? Do the driver and passengers fall inside that distance-- or outside of it?

Is your mobile setup in compliance?

8. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

Alex Jones said so. :D:D:D:D:D:D:p;)

9. KK4RAG

You sir are incorrect. There is always someone out there who counters the truth. You should do more investigating instead of watching tv news propaganda.

10. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Hi Michael,

Demonstrably (red)false. I seldom watch TV at all. Certainly not the news. I watch the weather channel , oh, 10 minutes a day for radar updates. Why do you make this false statement? Why are you manipulating a public forum with a falsehood in order to undermine my credibility?

OK...so tell me why 'fractal cloaks' are pseudo-science. Please: I am ALL ears, as they say. Feel free to give references, data, verifiable evidence showing that this is in the same category as "tin hats"--a known pseudo-science buzz word. That's what Cam said. In the same sentence.

You are presumably aware of the PUBLISHED data showing the facts on the reality of same. What's to the contrary? If it is bad science then show us.

Go ahead: be factual, be public. This is an invitation.

As for Cam, he has a moderate power mobile installation with an HF whip on a Humvee. I asked him whether he and/or his passengers fall inside or outside the minimum distance for RF compliance in that circumstance. Compliance is not a personal judgement. It is a requirement of all Part 97 licensees.

If you object to that question, then feel free to explain why.

Chip W1YW

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  11. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Epidemiological studies show a statistical enhancement in radio amateurs of certain cancers. You should have no problem finding references to that. That was published quite a while ago, before the die off and fall off of smoking-born cancer incidents.

These compliance requirements were not intended to be burdensome, and even though you or I don't LIKE them, it is an obligation to comply. Cam makes the important point that few 'towered' installations will present a problem at HF. HF mobile is a real issue, as are many hand-held transceivers with attached antennae. So whether or not it's a REAL health issue is different from the legal issue of 'perceived' health issue.

Last edited: May 24, 2021
  12. KK4RAG

I've done my homework so please do more investigation.

13. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

Then spill it. Don't do a 'cancel culture' job. It is not only rude, but as a matter of practice, it potentially exposes you to defamation issues, IMO.

If you have facts, then the facts are the best defense.

If you do NOT have facts, then don't make false accusations. I have already shown an explicit example that your strange statement that 'I get information from the television news' is false. My 'TV watching' (with little exception besides weather) is of documentaries on DVD. In fact, my television in NH has NO broadcast access to the television news. Gee, I don't even READ the NEWSPAPER.

You have not demonstrated any knowledge on the matters at hand in your comments to me. Fact.

Good evening.

Chip W1YW

14. K4YNZ

K4YNZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Knowledge is power! Duty cycle is your friend. Many ways to mitigate any problems. Very few antenna systems above 30 feet will be a problem. Mobile? Duty cycle and movement. Private auto do passengers know about radio. EME may present a challenge with a smal lot.
    So we can beat this to death or go read up on it. Do your paperwork.
    Now if you got a HOA with a P.E. that is on your case? Math is your friend!
    A quick search will find spread sheets and on line calculators to help with the math!
    So you learned to do ERP, right? So how high? feed line loss? Antenna gain? Duty cycle? Where is my neighbors?
    Some of you might have problems with small lots and 50mHz and above. Good reason to have some height!
    Now if you are on a multi-tenet roof top? You have might have a problem with contractors. Repeater owners watch this.
    If you have cancer concerns? Shut down.
    Now how many of you put a blue tooth transmitter inside your head(ear)? LOL
    Good Night. 6 i is open!

15. W1YW

W1YW Ham Member QRZ Page

The duty cycle refers to the TRANSMISSION, not the COMMUNICATION. You cannot include 'receive time' as part of your duty cycle calculation.

How would you suggest the driver and passengers move from the antenna during the driving experience?

Also, it is out of compliance that you would suggest that the ignorance of the passengers is a basis for ignoring compliance.

Chip W1YW

AJ6KZ and KA5RIO like this.