HR2.0 - KA6LMS HF Special Event | Interview with the Last Man Standing Team!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by KC5HWB, Mar 15, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. KG4YUS

KG4YUS Ham Member QRZ Page

There should be some way to filter out what comes up on the qrz front page. I get tired of seeing the dude always making some stupid face like he needs to take a crap. :D

DG7ACF, KB2HSH, NN4RH and 6 others like this.
  2. 2E0TWD

2E0TWD Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

Jealous much!

K2TY and KD5BVX like this.
  3. G7DAZ

G7DAZ Ham Member QRZ Page

This i agree with.....FOR FREE....and not for monetry gain !!

I've met the "new generation" and most of them can't spell, can't string a sentence together, can't write a letter (using a pen and paper) and can't have a conversation without having a mobile phone stuck to their ear, can't think for themselves without having to get someone else's opinion or a "like" or some other attention seeking response via your "social media" :rolleyes:

KA2FIR, 2E0HVK, K2MIJ and 1 other person like this.
  4. KN6NWZ

KN6NWZ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I'm a new ham part of the social media generation and I can absolutely spell, string a sentence together, write letters with a pen and paper and have plenty of conversations without a mobile phone stuck to my ear. In fact, I had one yesterday with a radio in front of me. And I could care less if people like me but I do care about being respectful of others.

I get that hams by nature are community service oriented, I share that value. I think that's where some people get turned off by perceived monetary gain. I'm sure we're not going to come to an agreement about the merits of authors, programmers and content creators being rewarded for their efforts, either through incidental revenue or through social media recognition. They are doing a lot for the preservation and growth of the hobby with their time and skills.

KF8IV, KC5HWB and KF7WIS like this.
  5. G7DAZ

i did say "MOST" ....i admire that you're an exception to my generalisation which was about FB, Twitter etc. etc. i.e. social media; not Ham Radio (i didn't mention Ham Radio)

not perceived at all; he DOES make money from his YT channel and i for one have nothing against this whatsoever....my beef (and some others on the Zed) is the FRONT PAGE SPAMMING.....he knows where the VIDEO SECTION is....he just CHOOSES to completely ignore it and purposefully chooses to PUT it on THE FRONT PAGE !!

I'd like to agree with you (nothing personal) but in the case of the OP he knows what he's doing, i think he posts on the front page just to piss people off....YMMV

KA2FIR and 2E0HVK like this.
  6. KN6NWZ

I don't know the owners of this page personally so I only know what I've read about QRZ's front page filtering process but my understanding is that it's the page owners that choose the front page features by hand. I think Jason has even said that he spoke with the owners of QRZ and they told him to keep posting to the forum category that he posts in and they select his posts when they think it will garner interest on the front page. Truth be told, this conversation we're having on the topic will likely encourage the page owners to continue to put Jason on the front page. Our comments on the thread count as engagement, regardless of whether the comments are positive or negative.

That being said, it appears that the Last Man Standing event is clearly favored. There are many posts on the front page about the various people involved in the farewell activation. Maybe that's why this one was hand picked for the front page.

KF8IV, KC5HWB and G7DAZ like this.
  7. G7DAZ

That is true, he has stated this....and other PAYING members (not myself) have also said that they WON'T be paying into the Zed in the future....so it's a double edged sword......footfall = $$$.......but PAYING members leaving = LOSS of $$$ :(

KA2FIR likes this.
  8. KN6NWZ

I don't know very much about the benefits of QRZ membership. Aside from the titles next to the names, why do people pay QRZ? If it's to support the extensive callsign database, forum and news, I would hope that people can scroll past front page articles they don't want to read and continue to support the site. The other features don't go away just because there's one poster they don't like, right?

9. G7DAZ

That's the issue though....you scroll past one of his video's then low and behold there's another one and then another one and then....Ad infinitum :rolleyes: .....it's more video than News. I don't like YT but i feel like it's being rammed down my throat when i come on here....YMMV
    I never said i don't like the guy and i don't recall anyone else saying that they didn't like him.....it's as we keep saying over and over and over (it won't end) again and again, please, please pretty &*^%$£@ please just put the video's in the VIDEO section......i know they won't....so let them lose out on members dollars; their choice.

KA2FIR and KN6NWZ like this.
  10. KG5TON

KG5TON XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Hey Leah, KN6NWZ.
    Congrats on getting your license!

KF8IV, KC5HWB and KN6NWZ like this.