ad: Alphaant-1

Hot Air Balloon Mobile K5B

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by K5QBF, Sep 20, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K5QBF

K5QBF Ham Member QRZ Page

This Saturday morning 9/25, pending weather, we will be launching a Hot Air Balloon mobile station. It will be equipped with 2M simplex and HF. The current plan is simplex adjacent to 146.52 and on HF 20m. We will be using the special event call sign K5B. The window of operation is between 1200-1400 Utc. We will try and spot on the cluster as well as Ham Alert. You can follow @K5QBF and @Hamradiodude on Twitter as well. We will try and live stream in on two YouTube channels as well. Hope to get you in the log!

https://www.youtube.com/thissideoftheradio
    https://www.youtube.com/hamradiodude

Attached Files:

2. K5QBF

Correct the date on the flyer 9-25-2021

Attached Files:

3. K5QBF

Weather is good for a 0730 central launch time. We will have a 40m EFHW and 2M

4. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

So 40 meters then? Your first post says 20...

Sounds like a fun project!! If I'm up that early I'll certainly listen for you on 20 or 40 - I guess I'll watch the spots to see which band

Good luck - stay safe up there!!

End-fed antenna from a balloon..... why, that would be a real live in-the-flesh ZEPP ANTENNA!! :):)

Dave
    W7UUU

K5QBF likes this.
  5. K5QBF

Yea I had to get approval from the pilot for the longer wire. We got the approval and I also picked up a roll up J-Pole. We have someone in the chase team that will be able to spot as long as he has a signal. I will also have APRS K5B-11. I will try and keep that updated when we change bands.