ad: Retevis-1

HEARD ON VOA just now: Chuck Yeager, First Person to Break the Sound Barrier, Dies at Age 97

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by GM4BRB, Dec 8, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

https://www.voanews.com/usa/chuck-yeager-first-person-break-sound-barrier-dies-age-97
    Chuck Yeager dies aged 97.jpg

I wanted to say that I think this sad event, reflects all to well. the miasma, (the mood) of the time(s) we're having to endure. And how even the most resilient or stubborn, among us, may break. What advice do I have to give, to enable you to stay alive, if that were your intent, and as if so doing, meant anything? I'm fresh out of ideas. I know they engineered an RNA vaccine around the 1970's for Foot & Mouth disease. Seems that it didn't work or some other issue(s)?
    "
    "There is little doubt that one of the most important milestones in the history of recombinant DNA in this regard was the successful cloning of the viral antigen for Foot-and-Mouth disease by Kleid and his colleagues (Kelied et al., 1981)." ~(sic)

From my copy of:
    An introduction to Recombinant DNA:
    Alan E.H.Emery MD, PhD John Hopkins, DSc, FRCP, FRS(E), The Medical School, University of Edinburgh. 1984, Reprinted with corrections 1985, Reprinted 1985, Reprinted 1989.

This book is still available from abebooks for $3. So read it for yourself.

Then why did this RNA (genetically engineered) antigen for FMD not work on UK's FMD outbreak of 2001, and wherein, 15× as many FARM ANIMALS were SLAUGHTERED in order to prevent its spread; involving the same number of locations (2000 farms), as in the 1967 outbreak?

I'm not diverting. From my perspective; - death is the enemy. I really mean that.
    Both my parents were chemists with the MoD during WWII. I am not a chemist or biologist.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    KA2CZU likes this.
  2. VE6VGS

VE6VGS Ham Member QRZ Page

My heart go out to the Yeager family right now.

3. GM4BRB

GM4BRB Ham Member QRZ Page

Ah huh!
    Chuck Yeager_barrier.jpg

WC5P and KU4X like this.