ad: AbAuRe-1

Have some Winter FUN! Winter Field Day this weekend!

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by N8KC, Jan 22, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. K4VEN

K4VEN Ham Member QRZ Page

Neuse River Basin Amateur Radio Association will be operating from the historic Goldsborough Bridge Civil War Battlefield in Wayne County, NC. Operating as K4NRB

2. W4ZNG

W4ZNG Ham Member QRZ Page

In case there may be any confusion, that "1O QRP" in my previous post is "One Oscar QRP," i.e., "single operator, outside, QRP." I'll be in a tent running an aging FT-817nd at 5 watts SSB and 2.5 watts PSK-31.

The rain forecast is down to 40% on Sunday, so the outlook is improving. Really looking forward to hitting the Tuxachanie Trail tomorrow morning.

K0VWA likes this.
  3. NE7EE

NE7EE Ham Member QRZ Page

Will be out in Arizona Rim Country operating 1O east of Payson under callsign W7R.

4. WA6VVC

WA6VVC Ham Member QRZ Page

When did Watts stop being Watts?

KC9WUV and K8HIT like this.
  5. K0VWA

K0VWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Wow! That's our club photo from last year. Was great fun and should be again this year too. This year we're flying solo instead of under the club call NX0G.

Dan, KN0MAP, will be operating Phone 40m and 20m during the day, and digital PSK31 and JS8Call on 80m, 40m, 20m during the evening and early morning on Sunday. He said he may also call CQ on FM 146.52 a few times over the weekend. We're also going to try 2M SSB. Worked fine during tests so we'll try again tomorrow too.

As for me, the family has cut me loose for tomorrow. Current plan is to hike out with Dan Saturday morning. I'm not dedicated enough to be a good contester. Thanks to Bonnie though I'll be calling CQ the whole way! Will also have APRS active. If there's snow on the trail I'll carry my $35 14Ah battery along with the light/expensive 7Ah battery. It hasn't snowed since late December so I'm expecting the trail to be dry so I won't carry the heavy battery, just the light one. Antenna will be a Buddipole kit. Will setup as a vertical for a while and then will play with an L configuration.

Really hoping I can make an AM contact. Had my first AM QSO with Craig, KB3RHR, last weekend and was blown away. Will consider the entire weekend a success if I make one AM contact.

For Sunday I'm still looking for a place to operate. Sunday will be more family oriented so thinking local park, picnic, frisbee and HF. Just some place the kids can play and have fun.

Good luck to everyone this weekend. Stay safe and have fun. Hope you hear you on the air.

Carl

6. N4GHP

N4GHP Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Looking to join a group in Shelby county Alabama. Is there and where?

7. K0VWA

K0VWA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Their Twitter feed says they'll be operating. Good luck! https://twitter.com/w4shl

8. KY5U

KY5U Ham Member QRZ Page

Have a great time folks! Great to see the idea flourishing.

9. K1OJ

K1OJ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

K5OJ, Huntsville State Park Tx, 1o stx.

10. KC9DFK

KC9DFK Ham Member QRZ Page

I'll be out there in fro, Chicago.Il en61 on 10m, 20m, 40m enjoy everyone 73's

KC9WUV likes this.
  11. NX1Q

NX1Q XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Try an internet search for Winter Field Day Locator.

12. W7UUU

W7UUU Director, QRZ Forums Lifetime Member 133 QRZ HQ Staff Life Member QRZ Page

Traveling home from a week of biz meetings in Portland - will be home later in the day Saturday but will try to work a few from home "shore power"

Dave
    W7UUU

13. WA4ALA

WA4ALA Ham Member QRZ Page

As a single operator in NW Georgia, how should I identify? Please forgive my ignorance and if this question has already been asked, then I again apologize.

Michael - WA4ALA

14. K3XR

K3XR Ham Member QRZ Page

You may find the answer here...
    https://www.winterfieldday.com/

15. W1LWT

W1LWT Ham Member QRZ Page

AS for the passed 13 years sence it first began WFD..We will again operate the original First station in MAINE. Aprs we be seen at our QTH as K1AOM-2 and the frequencys we as our group be moveing across the bands to find many of you all out there.From Down East Maine to the world.........K1AOM- aka: Adventures Of Maine............

K0VWA likes this.