ad: ProAudio-1

HamSCI Webinar March 20-21 (free!)

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AB4EJ, Mar 18, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. AB4EJ

AB4EJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Please join us! -73- Bill Engelke - AB4EJ - The University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL

N1GKE likes this.
  2. G3SEA

G3SEA Ham Member QRZ Page

Cool ! Look forward to it :cool:

G3SEA/KH6

3. KC8UD

KC8UD Ham Member QRZ Page

Couple of thoughts: Why not have data sent out via HF/VHF in addition to internet or in some cases, instead of internet? Use low power data modes such as PSK. And, why not include seismology? Small simple seismographs can be constructed using pendulum arms, magnets, coils and OP AMPS for amplification. In much the same way as the lightning detection triangulation works, seismic activity can also be triangulated to determine epicenters and strength.

4. K7TTN

K7TTN Ham Member QRZ Page

Overload of info. Was like drinking from a firehose... NICE JOB!!! Let's do it again.

73s

5. G3ZPS

G3ZPS Ham Member QRZ Page

A handful of us here in the UK tuned in for both days...there certainly was an overload of information...but in a good way. I have joined their google group and look forward to the release of the Personal Spaceweather Station in the coming months. I had no idea about this work although I understand there was a presentation here in 2017. The only add I saw was here on QRZ. 73 Steve G3ZPS