ad: cq2k-1

HAMS interested in following stories of UFO encounters

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by K5HUM, Dec 13, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
  1. K5HUM

K5HUM Ham Member QRZ Page

I have been a licensed Ham since 1956, so I did not just fall off the Turnip Truck. My Resume or Bio here speaks for itself. However I do have a special interest in sharing reports of UFO's and ET's. If this is also an interest of yours and you want to talk about it, I am available. 73 Mike K5HUM@ARRL.NET

2. KK4NSF

KK4NSF Ham Member QRZ Page

While I don't know much about UFO's, I do have a bit of interest in SETI, and Amateur Radio Astronomy.... which fit in nicely with Amateur Radio.

Back to UFO's and other such aerial phenomenon, is there any sort of net where folks discuss the topic?

3. K5HUM

There is an international organization called MUFON.COM that exist to help the public report on sightings etc. Check them out.
    Meanwhile most conventional Nets today are limited in range, and thus audiences. Here is where Digital Ham radio may help such as Dstar, DMR,
    or C4FM. I currently monitor Ref04C and DMR311 daily. 73, Mike

4. KD8DEY

KD8DEY Ham Member QRZ Page

The truth is out there......
    Ymmv

NX6ED likes this.
  5. K4AGO

K4AGO Ham Member QRZ Page

6. W0MSN

W0MSN Ham Member QRZ Page

Check out ARUFON on google. (Amateur radio ufo net) I think they are still active. I'm on their email list and get emails weekly.

I have talked UFOS on the air several times. Other stations have joined in with stories of their sightings.

Some here Will be asking for your measurements (for your straight jacket) but there are a few of us with open minds lurking on the Zed.

7. WR2E

WR2E XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I've already got mine... several in fact. The formal one is especially nice but I only get to wear it on occasions, weddings, funerals and such.

All my years I've only witnessed one thing I couldn't somehow otherwise rationalize. This was back in 1966-67 or so. Moonless night, winter, crystal clear, sober. Witnessed by a group of us, perhaps 3-4 persons.

Three EXTREMELY bright white lights came up from the horizon at high speed, each about 120° apart on the horizon, converged in a delta directly above and gradually faded away. No noise whatsoever, apparently at high altitude.

It was almost as if those three objects were stationary in space and Earth flew between them. No other way to describe it...

8. KL7KN

KL7KN Ham Member QRZ Page

Good luck. UR Bound to get some good stories.

9. K5HUM

My UFO experiences as an aviator were eventually explained off as St Elmos Fire, Ball Lightning,
    Swamp Gas and Moon Dogs. However, I suspect some will forever remain un explained. These include
    craft that instantly changed vectors. "it is better to light a small candle than continue to curse the darkness"
    73, Mike

10. KA2CZU

KA2CZU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Where's Art Bell (W6OBB) when you need him?

NX6ED likes this.
  11. K5HUM

I am active on DStar & DMR for those interested in a ragchew. I monitor Ref004C and DMR311, however
    its best to e-mail first for a quiet Reflector not busy with ET traffic :)

12. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I have witnessed Ball Lighting first hand. Did not realize what it was at the beginning...

When I first noticed it I thought it was several stars shining through the clouds, but the stars were moving. At first the little balls (maybe about 25 of them) were moving slowly and would move down near the bottom of the clouds randomly. Then they would turn and rise back up into the clouds. A few minutes later I saw several of them moving very fast in zig zag patterns. They would move from one side of the cloud and then back again traversing across the sky in the process.

Strangest thing I think I have ever seen.... Certainly something that COULD be mistaken as UFOs. Especially when they were zig zagging back and forth moving way faster than any kind of Air Craft.

Dan KI4AX

13. K8MHZ

K8MHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Funny how back in the 50's - 70's there were way more reports of UFO sightings than there are now, and now everyone has a video camera in their pocket.

When I was a kid I saw UFO's, so did lots of people. It made the news on occasion.

There are lots of UFO videos on YouTube, but nothing that I have ever saw that was anything of detail.

If there were aliens flying around 30 years ago, I think they left.

VK6APZ/SK2022 and CX3CP like this.
  14. W1AEK

W1AEK QRZ Lifetime Member #228 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Passed away earlier this year. Sad.

15. K9ASE

K9ASE XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Nah, They were purchased by Northrop Grumman.

W7UUU likes this.