ad: ProAudio-1

Hamfest ? Hardly....

Discussion in 'Hamfest Reports & Videos' started by KQ0J, Jan 10, 2022.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: L-MFJ
  1. N9ZL

N9ZL Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

The Berryville VA hamfest, put on by the Shenandoah Valley Amateur Radio Club is indeed still going strong and is in its 72nd year. The large oak tree shaded tailgate area is typically full, the Ruritan's put on an excellent lunch, lots of parking, prizes and an air conditioned building are all big plusses. A public pool and a county park with picnic area is across the street for the kids and XYL. Always the first Sunday in August. August 6 2023.

N3VAN, KT4PH and N1VAU like this.
  2. N3VAN

N3VAN Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Fantastic description of the Berryville VA Hamfest! My family and I are heading there this Friday to enjoy Virginia and attended the hamfest.

3. N4JKD

N4JKD XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Keep an eye out for the Tullahoma, Tennessee hamfest. This year, the building was packed. All tables were booked, and we had a great VE session. First one I have done since becoming an extra and VE. It is always the second Saturday in March.

N3VAN likes this.
  4. N1CZZ

N1CZZ Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I live near there. As others have mentioned, that is a small club hamfest done about four times a year. Within a 45 minute drive I probably have 20 Hamfest a year I can go to, some even smaller. Almost an overload. I barely do one or two a year. The Tampabay Hamfest in December held in Plant City is a little bigger. Hamcation in Orlando in Feburary is probably the biggest in the area.

On another note, back in the 80's in New England I recall two. One small one and one big one in New Hampshire, now called Nearfest. Both of them had a large amount of items that were not spit shined.