ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 271 - Little League World Series & Ham Radio

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Sep 9, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. WB9VPG

WB9VPG XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Thursday on Ham Talk Live, Ryan Pearson, KN4VKW joins us to talk about his experience being in the Little League World Series and its ham radio connections!

Tune into Ham Talk Live! Thursday night at 9 pm EDT (Friday 0100Z) by going to hamtalklive.com. When the audio player indicates LIVE, just hit the play button!

If you miss the show live, you can listen on demand anytime also at hamtalklive.com; or a podcast version is on nearly all podcast sites a few minutes after the live show is over. Some sites include Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, SoundCloud, Stitcher, Spreaker, TuneIn, Vurbl, and iHeart Podcasts; and it's also available on YouTube.

A replay is also broadcast on WTWW 5085 AM shortwave near Nashville, TN on Saturday nights at approximately 3:30 pm Eastern.

Be sure to CALL in with your questions and comments by calling 859-982-7373 live during the call-in segment of the show. You can also tweet your questions before or during the show to @HamTalkLive.

Ryan Pearson KN4VKW.jpg

AA5BK, KD9FEK, KB3AWQ and 8 others like this.
  2. W3VA

W3VA Ham Member QRZ Page

He is a good player. I watch all the games as much as I can. They had a segment where the announcers said he was a Ham. I sent him a QSL card to congratulate him on such nice play. I got a card back. Such a nice gesture.

W2MAU, KN4VKW, K7JKA and 3 others like this.
  3. KN4VKX

KN4VKX Ham Member QRZ Page

KN4VKW, WZ4K, K7JKA and 1 other person like this.
  4. NI4D

NI4D Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

He, his brother, and his dad are amazing people. Amateur Radio is very lucky to have them.

KN4VKX and KN4VKW like this.
  5. KI5AAI

KI5AAI Ham Member QRZ Page

Any young Ham is a step in the right direction. Good for him being a tech kid and an athlete. I was playing Varsity Hockey in MA when I was a Junior in HS and was also selected to take college programming classes at Tufts University (Fortran and DEC computer operations). Being called a geek was OK with me since I was a 3 sport athlete as well :)

I am surprised that there are not more replies to this thread congratulating him on both endeavors.

KN4VKX likes this.
  6. K5CO

K5CO Ham Member QRZ Page

I guess this article was written to prove that NOT all Hams are uncoordinated and incapable of athletics.