ad: M2Ant-1

Ham Talk Live! Episode 248 - Building the Big Ugly Balun

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Feb 24, 2021.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. KM1H

KM1H Ham Member QRZ Page

But that is just referencing others work. Ive been a fan of Daves site for a few decades back when I was in the YCCC.

2. KG5KPU

KG5KPU XML Subscriber QRZ Page

YES! YES! YES!!!! I have trying to tell folks this for years. It is one of those "urban legend" radio myths that just will not die!!!! David KG5KPU

3. KN4USA

KN4USA Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I zee all these "Experts" crying about how this is a useless project. "It is this and it is not that" Guess what, I have seen one work with my very own eyes. Noise coming into the shack gone just by coiling the wire like this. Removed the coil, and the noise came back. I am not big on the science of it all. I am a, "If it works, I don't care how" kind of ham. This works in real life. It has in my first hand experience anyway. Great article. Thank you

4. N6SPP

N6SPP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Very good on the Vic20! I interfaced a Commodore 64 and MicroLog-Air1 tnc to my Drake T4x(+ R4A) and ran RTTY. Also had an SBE Robot 36- SSTV setup connected to the Drakes. Fun stuff. RF Bites: While using a Navy straight key- If I accidentally touched my forearm to the Drake cover, I'd get a good zap.. 73, Eric

K4YNZ likes this.
  5. N0VTY

N0VTY Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Run some half way decent twin lead and all the complaints are moot.