ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 100 - Bouvet Island DXpedition LIVE update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Jan 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KA2FIR

KA2FIR Ham Member QRZ Page

On 80? He uses a 4el yagi on 40.

2. N4MIT

N4MIT XML Subscriber QRZ Page

This is why FT8 is so much fun. I have worked so much DX on FT8 with an AV680 vertical and 200w in an HOA neighborhood. If Bouvet ever makes an appearance on FT8 I bet I can work'em. There are far better modes for us restricted operators than SSB.

3. M6ENP

M6ENP XML Subscriber QRZ Page

may i make these following points,despite bouvet island being abandoned,there are several points that i have observed,when the german embassy station in the caribean come on the air on odd occasions, he tries to operate by zones/countries,despite this when he is calling for european stations US stations still call,even when he calls UK stations by number eg 0-6 which takes in full license holder to beginners,US stations in particular QRM everybody else,
    the same thing happens when Bob VP8LP comes on ssb,
    i myself have worked Bob twice from my home QTH with a M6 callsign to say it was diffcult is a understatement due to being QRMed by high power US stations,why people cannot wait there turn and listen to the person calling eg if the call is forVK do not answer unless your a VK dont think because you have a V or K in your callsign its your turn

simirarily dont be a grouch when you dont recieve a report that you dont like,i was on SSB on my M6 callsign one evening about 2 years ago talking to a station in New York state,and when i gave him a 5/7 report he questioned whether i knew how to a give report,and also to whether my radio was working correctly,because i had a M6 callsign,at the time i explained to him brand new radio,and hexbeam antenna 26feet 6inch from ground and 10w,he then begrudingly gave me a 5/9 a disappeared faster than Donald Trump tweets rubbish ???, go figure sour Grapes ???

also one final point i will make, as a operator of GB1LBC last year(2017), i was running a 20m pileup from the states ,and i heard K1 then nothing apart from /QRP at the end, i then proceeded to tell everyone else to standby and only the /QRP station to go ahead, it turns out he was working me /Portable from a hill in California with only 5w and he was very happy i had worked him, THIS is why i got into the hobby no matter who you are big gun /new op
    i wanna work you,if only other ops would be more considerate of others our logbooks would be bursting @ the seams,wait patiently 5 mins to allow someone to get a call in,you are not going to live 5 mins less because you are being considerate