ad: elecraft

Ham Talk Live! Episode 100 - Bouvet Island DXpedition LIVE update

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by WB9VPG, Jan 31, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. K1LKP

K1LKP Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K1LKP

3. K1LKP

4. 9A5O

9A5O Ham Member QRZ Page

I believe it's all about numbers-such high profile dxpeditions are all about breaking records-and that's as many QSOs in the log as possible; hence, it's better to log 50-60 big KW signals per minute than struggle with the weak ones (those that are not flooded buy high powered guns)...on the other hand, with so many AMP powered stations on the air, DXped. members will have hard time-even if they want to- giving fair chance to the rest of us (medium to low power guys).

5. W6VXP

W6VXP Ham Member QRZ Page

I fully agree with K9CQ.... Been a ham a long time and I'm still having fun in pileups with 100 watts... It's part of the fun things in DX'ing.... Reminds me of my golfing days.....Somedays you get the Bear and somedays the Bear gets you !!! and BTY he "nipped" at my arse a few thousand times...

K1LKP likes this.
  6. K1LKP

Hi Ted,
    Three cheers for the Bear and congrats on ur many yrs of ham radio.
    Also, let me say thank you for your outstanding service in the
    USCG.....Bravo.....
    Ted...... lots of gud DX
    CA KILOWATT STATION.jpg

7. W6VXP

W6VXP Ham Member QRZ Page

GM es tnx ! My buddy N4FX sent me something like this a few years back... Hope the guys get ashore soon..It's not fun rocking and rolling when the hook is down....They will be awesome and some of the complainers will be surprised... 73 es GL
    ted/w6vxp

8. SV1AVE

SV1AVE Ham Member QRZ Page

[QUOTE = "K9CQ, post: 4542672, μέλος: 381866"] Αυτό θα είναι μια επική DXpedition που είναι σίγουρη και θα υπάρξουν επικά pileups, αλλά πολλοί χειριστές χαμηλής ισχύος θα περάσουν. Κανείς δεν ρωτά ποιο επίπεδο ισχύος και τι κεραίες τρέχει. Μόλις ανταλλάξετε την κλήση και την αναφορά σήματος. Έχω δουλέψει άφθονο DX με τα χρόνια με κινητό και 100 Watt. Απλά πρέπει να είστε επίμονοι και έξυπνοι γι 'αυτό. Η ομάδα 3Y0 δεν θα με νοιάζει αν τρέχει 5 watt ή 1500, κεραίες καλωδίων ή στοίβα δοκάρια. Αν σε ακούν, θα σε δουλέψουν. Οι τύποι που είναι εκεί κάτω είναι μερικοί από τους πιο ταλαντούχους ανθρώπους που τρέχουν ένα DX pileup στον κόσμο και θέλουν να κάνουν όσες επαφές με όσο το δυνατόν περισσότερους σταθμούς. Θα υπάρξουν στιγμές κατά τις οποίες η διάδοση θα σας βοηθήσει να λάβετε το σήμα σας στα βιβλία και στους χρόνους που δεν θα σας ευνοούν. Εάν θέλετε να τα χρησιμοποιήσετε, θα υπάρχει ένα παράθυρο. Οι περισσότερες από τις DX αποστολές που έχω δουλέψει σε χαμηλή ισχύ δεν υπήρξαν τις πρώτες αρκετές μέρες που είναι εκεί. Απλά πρέπει να διαλέξετε τη μπάντα που σας ευνοεί την καλύτερη και καλύτερη στιγμή και δοκιμάστε. Μην εγκαταλείπετε πριν ξεκινήσετε. Tim, K9CQ [/ QUOTE]
    Όπως και το de sv1ave !!

K1LKP likes this.
  9. K1LKP

Jesus Christ.jpg

==========73

K3LRH likes this.
  10. WQ4G

WQ4G Ham Member QRZ Page

I rarely use more than 100 watts. I have a SB-200 that is there if I need it, but I only use it a couple of times a year just to keep the tube in good order. I do have a directional antenna for 10,15, and 20, which I must admit is the 'cats meow' for working DX. But, I have only recently been fortunate enough to be able to put up a tower and directional array. In the past I used wire Dipoles and still use them on the low bands. I have spent quite a few hours with '100 watts and a wire' calling DX. Some times it works and sometimes it don't. But, I have had the most luck making DX contacts using persistence.

11. AK5B

AK5B XML Subscriber QRZ Page

3Y0Z CANCELLED 2000 UTC 3 Feb. Ship heading back to Punta Arenas right now.... Let's all hope for their safe return and a rescheduling soon.

Jeff

WB9VPG, N4FZ, W1YW and 1 other person like this.
  12. SV2SBE

SV2SBE Ham Member QRZ Page

just learn it!!!Hope all of them get back safe and we will wait for the re-schedule soon

N4FZ likes this.
  13. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

N6QIC and N4FZ like this.
  14. K1LKP

HI DAN,
    THREE CHEERS FOR THE CATS MEOW !!!!

========== QRZ CATS MEOW.jpg
    HAVE FUN WORKING ALL THAT DX.
    73 - K1LKP

WQ4G likes this.