ad: Flexradio-1

Ham radio exam success in Cuba

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by G4TUT/SK2022, Dec 27, 2018.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
  1. G4TUT/SK2022

G4TUT/SK2022 Ham Member QRZ Page

Ham radio exam success in Cuba

The FRC report a 96.95% pass rate in the amateur radio exams held in Cuba on December 22, 2018

The exams were taken by 263 people of whom 255 passed.
    The results show 137 passed Category 3, 60 Category 2 and 58 the highest Category 1 license exam.

The FRC website provides a breakdown of exam results by branch and license class
    https://www.frcuba.cu/filiales-grup...do-examen-ministerial-a-radioaficionados.html

http://www.southgatearc.org/news/2018/december/ham-radio-exam-success-in-cuba.htm

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. KE4OH

KE4OH Ham Member QRZ Page

I can attest that there are a number of active operators in Cuba, at least on CW. I've worked a bunch of them.

3. NN2X

NN2X XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I worked hams from Cuba and many of them had home brewed their transceivers and amplifiers. Now that is Ham radio! I recall talking to a Ham there in Cuba, who told me he made his Ham transceiver mostly from old TV parts. These guys know the theory and I am sure the new Hams had plenty of Elmers!

Look forward working the new Hams in Cuba!

C U on the bands, NN2X, Tom

WP4VM likes this.
  4. VE9PCT

VE9PCT Ham Member QRZ Page

This is great news

WP4VM likes this.
  5. NL7XM

NL7XM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I’ve been to Cuba twice in the last 12 months to meet and stay with the hams there as an American ambassador of goodwill and represent the QCWA. To say it was an experience of a lifetime is an understatement. They are very warm, resourceful and clever. I was absolutely astonished at the level of expertise incorporated in home brew equipment! Tremendous pride in mastering individual licensing skills. If you ever have an opportunity, see for yourself.
    9D5C1238-862F-4C79-8620-36EA3042976C.jpeg