ad: elecraft

Ham Gets Traffic Ticket For Cell Phone Use

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by W2KTU, Dec 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
  1. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

Did you people know thru the ARRL membership you could have a Attorney present who is also a Licensed Ham? how to really present something in that manner would helped alot.

also Next time your ham club does a Public event like a walkathon try inviting the judge if hes looking for votes say election year.

HERE IS ONE ISSUE THAT NEEDED ATTENTION One Judge made a serious big mistake several hundred jobs at stake ( even thought this was not a ham issue I wanted to point out something ) I mentioned to my sister its time to retire this dude ( I been thrown out of his and 2 other courts anyway !! ) He decided to retire on his own. he probably would have been seriously defeated or recalled.

also organize an attachment change to that law ( politicians one or two may be a ham ) to identify Ham radio as EXEMPT from that Cell Phone Law !

[​IMG]

2. KE5DKR

KE5DKR Ham Member QRZ Page

It has been my experience that the justice system dont have a clue what ham radio is but they know what CB is....As much as I hate to say it...I would have said "sir, I was talking on a CB"

Thats just the way society is

3. KA0SAB

KA0SAB Ham Member QRZ Page

Well it's great to talk about it,, but if we all had this judges address then everyone could send him a letter!
    Not only that but we could get news reports on how we help out law inforcement and red cross, states agency's.

Give this guy some insite!
    When you appeal this, take all this info with you too courtand present it.
    You could also get a letter from your Civil Defense Dept.
    in NYC as to how the Ham Radio helped out in the disaster of Sept. 11th When there were no cell phones working, (Ham Radio) worked to help the city in need!

I my self have been issued a parking ticket in a private parking space reserved for a company who had me park there, And they told NYPD that they ask me to park there for pickup service!! The NYPD said I could not since my car was not a company Vehicle.

So the company paid the $50.00 fine for me, thank goodness!

4. KA5S

KA5S Ham Member QRZ Page

You know, a brash and offensive radio talk show could have a lot of fun with this.

Segue into drive time AM radio:

Handsfree with Harrison! Only HERE on the dial!

This is for the commuters. This is for the drivers. This is for the poor oppressed clucks who can only say, "Yes, Officer," and "No Officer," and pay the fine.

Today we give all you motorists the cops ticket for using your cellphones a chance to vent. Today you can yell at me without being censored. I'll even wait while you say your piece. Then I'll go on. I'll stop every so often so you can rebut, rant, rave, curse or scream. And we'll have some fun.

But!

I won't take ANY telephone calls. You'll be handsfree with me 'cause you won't be on the phone! And if they stop you, say. "I was only talking to the AM radio, officer. Honest! I wasn't on a cellphone at all. Just listen..."

Ready?

Today's topic is: Traffic tickets. Here's my take...

Cortland
    KA5S

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.