ad: CQMM-1

Ham Camp - Fortville Indiana

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by KB9BVN, Aug 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. KB9BVN

KB9BVN Ham Member QRZ Page

Come to Ham Camp and have a great time!

I am sending this on behalf of Rick N9GSU and his wife Holly KC9SPT, if you are in or near Indiana, you won't want to miss this.

Hello everyone! Rick, N9GSU and Holly, KC9SPT here.

A few of us have been kicking out the idea of a ham radio campout this fall, a time to just hang out, maybe throw some wires up in trees, build a campfire, have a pitch in, etc...And it's going to be happening, and you're invited. It'll be Friday night, Oct 15th, through Sunday, Oct 17th.

You can come for all, or part of the weekend. Not fond of camping? We'll be having a pitch in/cookout on Saturday night at 5:00PM.just come and share in the meal with us! We'll be camping at the American Legion Park and Campground in Fortville, Indiana, on State Road 13, 3 miles south of I-69.

Directions from Indy: Take I-69 North to Exit 14 (Fortville, SR 13), go south for 3 miles and turn right on to the park road.

Directions from Ohio: Take I-70 West to I465 North. Then take I-69 North to Exit 14 (Fortville, SR 13), go south for 3 miles and turn right on to the park road.

Directions from Michigan: Take I-69 South to Exit 14 (Fortville, SR 13), go south for 3 miles and turn right on to the park road.

If you're tent camping, there is NO CHARGE for camping! (Thank you, American Legion, for making this happen!!) If you're RV camping and want electricity, it's a VERY reasonable $10.00/night. For the Pitch In, we've reserved the park shelter. We'll be having a 50/50 drawing to help cover the cost of the shelter, and...perhaps, even a door proze or two. If anyone is interested in donating a door prize, please let one of us know!

If you've got questions, feel free to email me (IndyRick@gmail.com) or Holly (Hollyjae@usa.net) I'll also be making a facebook event page for this, for any of you who are on Facebook.

Here's hoping this event will be a great success......just a time of fellowship and recreation among fellow hams!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.