ad: Halibut-1

Gordon Benjamin, N6WK, SK.

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by KC9ECI, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. KC9ECI

KC9ECI Ham Member QRZ Page

2. K9ZMD

K9ZMD Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

A passion and a legacy in two short sentences.
    73 Gordon, RIP

3. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

A good man, good friend, and good ham.

Godspeed, Gordon.

Bill

WP2ASS likes this.
  4. K8PG

K8PG QRZ Lifetime Member #333 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Great CW DXer ,One Hell of a Strightkey cw operator,QRQ,QRS.
    Gorden was a gentlemen,always willing to help others learn.
    WE will Qso agn Gordon..... God Bless ya.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  5. W5ALT

W5ALT Ham Member QRZ Page

I feel privileged to have worked Gordon on the air and collaborated with him. 73, amigo, de Walt, W5ALT

6. WB2WIK

WB2WIK Platinum Subscriber Platinum Subscriber QRZ Page

I just found out! I missed this announcement and just read his SK in QST for May 2014.

I'm so sorry Gordon's no longer with us. I only met him once in person about five years ago, and noted he had an oxygen tank on wheels with a breather tube but never actually asked why. That's not an unusual appliance.

Worked Gordon many times on the air and used his "Kenwood Hybrid" website lookups lots of times. What a nice guy.

I'm very saddened to find out (a bit late) about his passing. He was so excited to have his new Force 12 C3 beam, I remember the day we took that down so he could use it at home.

Damn.

7. K7JBQ

K7JBQ Ham Member Volunteer Moderator QRZ Page

Yep,

Fine gentleman, and a very good ham.

Gordon and Orv got into it back about 10 years ago, when I was first anointed a moderator. They finally got it worked out.

When I needed some repair work on an old car, and was short of money at the time, Gordon gave me a great recommendation that worked out great.

We worked many times on the SKCC frequencies, and occasionally on the CARA repeater.

I posted on his memorial site locally...lots and lots of posts there. We lost a really good one.

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.