Get $10 off HRD since March 24th was my birthday!

Discussion in 'General Announcements' started by WJ6R, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: MessiPaoloni-1
ad: L-MFJ
ad: K5AB-Elect-1
  1. KB3NPH

KB3NPH XML Subscriber QRZ Page

I use to be under the impression that 98% of the hams were of above average intelligence. I was also under the impression that hams were ALWAYS supportive of other hams and were willing to do anything they could to support another ham.

Reading forum posts like I see on QRZ and other sites has really changed my thinking.

50% are self proclaimed critics, complainers and cry babies. Doesn't matter what the subject they have to cry, complain or find something wrong with what someone else is doing.

25% are down right trouble makers and just try to get arguments going and keep them going.

23% are "fence sitters" who just go along for the ride and side with the one who they THINK might be on the right side of the fence.

2% ARE THE REAL HAMS......

2. W4RAV

W4RAV Ham Member QRZ Page

I might be a little more forgiving if the owner of the product hadn't been allowed to post "news" you've enjoyed. Specifically in this sub-forum. Better suited for "General Announcements" than Amateur Radio News.

New releases of the product, achievements, all kinds of things could qualify in my mind as News. But telling us there's a sale going on? Nah.

Would you call the segment on Fox News* with Bill O'Reilly announcing his new book, news? A commercial at best. That's what advertisers do.

*Another mis-use of the word... it's news analysis most of the time.

3. W4RAV

With your post offering no benefit to the conversation, do you put yourself in the 50% or the 25% group on your list?

4. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Fred, the owner of this site, along with one or two of his specific designees, approve ALL items that show up in this forum. If you don't like the way Fred runs his web site, by all means tell him. Let us know how that goes for you.

............Bob

5. AE8L

AE8L Ham Member QRZ Page

Awesome! March 24th was my 14th anniversary of ham radio. (It was the night my license went through on that day in 1999.)

6. AE8L

AE8L Ham Member QRZ Page

Good thinking kb3nph! Ham radio, like anything else, has a mix of people from all different walks of life. (Most of your 'bad-azz' hams are the ones who hide behind the mic and keyboard. If they were to actually meet you face-to-face, would have a completely different tune.) Some hams are cutthroat, while others will go out of their way to give you first aid treatment for it. Personally, I've had bad experiences w/ ham clubs. This is when hams will gang-up on you if you don't fit in with the clique and rejected from the wolf pack. There are also people holding licenses that have been convicted of serious and violent crimes to boot. If you're like me, you like your pets better than you like other people for this very reason. The testing requirements have been dramatically lessened, making it easier than ever to get a license and upgrade. While this offers some positive perspectives, it also introduces some of the not so good element as well at the same token. The ARRL pushed for this shortly after I first got licensed w/ the belief it would bring in more members. Instead, the opposite happened. Anyway, just a little 'soup for the soul' if you will... 73

7. W4RAV

Sounds a lot like the tone of someone who approved this thread.

I'd much rather get the opinions of my peers before running to the leader with my gripe.

8. AB7MC

AB7MC Ham Member QRZ Page

Correct ! ! !

Yes, you are very correct. And if I may add there are some hams pretending knows everything in radio transceiver but he/she has no idea how to protect a simple diode against back voltage.

9. W4PG

W4PG Super Moderator Lifetime Member 279 Volunteer Moderator Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Not at all, as I have nothing to do with what is in the news section. I was just offering some simple advice in case you choose to poke the bear. The carnage sometimes is unsightly. Of course, it's your choice. May the force be with you.

10. W4ABC

W4ABC Ham Member QRZ Page

I'm starting to sense a pattern, here. It's the attack of the bitter pills...

Jon Pearl - W4ABC
    www.w4abc.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.