Gerritsen Convicted in Jamming Case

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-3
ad: Subscribe
ad: Left-2
ad: abrind-2
  1. WG4STV

WG4STV Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember hearing the guy on the Hollywood repeater (WB6BJM) with his recorded message ranting over and over again about George Bush and his "war for oil" and on and on and on.

I'm glad they got that jerk.

2. WG4STV

WG4STV Ham Member QRZ Page

Maybe someone can buy him a microphone for Christmas so he can call his "daddy."

LOL!!

3. N2NOW

N2NOW Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

don't do the crime, if you can't do the time...

4. AB8UU

AB8UU Ham Member QRZ Page

Quote from IT9RYH QRZ Bio
    (Emphasis Added)

Interesting...

5. KC8SSC

KC8SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

BLOW IT OUT YOUR BIG BAZZOO

6. KC9AGG

KC9AGG Ham Member QRZ Page

"The more I think about his actions the more I am thinking he is a 69 year old man probably suffering from a medical dysfunction, yet they want to throw him in a federal prison for 15 years? "
    likely his mental competence will be revisited in an appeal--if there is an appeal-his mental health should be assesed-his actions were consistently irrational.

7. KC8SSC

KC8SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

ITHINK FOR HIS AGE THEY SHOULDN'T DO ANYTHING TO HIM....AT HIS AGE HE HAS SERVED HIS PURPOSE IN SOCIETY, NOW LET HIM HAVE SOME FUN. IT AIN'T HURTING ANYTHING, IF U GUYS DONT LIKE LISTENING TO IT YOU HAVE WAY TO MANY FREQUENCIES TO TUNE TO ANYWAY!! :0

8. AB8RU

AB8RU Ham Member QRZ Page

So why do you think that they have the Official Observers out there for ? or should I say does everyone know what a O.O. is ??

9. WA5BEN

WA5BEN Ham Member QRZ Page

There is no age at which a crime should not be punished. The age of the criminal is not relevant to the punishment. This guy had more than his share of opportunities to cease and desist. He also had more than his share of opportunities to present a defense. Only when he ignored all opportunities to avoid jail was he finally jailed.

From his writings (of which I have read a good portion), he appears relatively intelligent. He appears to have "intellectual disease" -- the belief that he is so intellectually gifted that he can ignore both laws and the rights of others -- and that his ideas about what constitutes "freedom of speech" must either prevent him from being prosecuted or serve as a "holy" defense.

From what I have read from his own words, I have concluded that he is one of those people who bullys anyone he can about anything he can. That type of person has been clearly shown to ALWAYS continue until forcibly stopped. I have concluded also that he was and is mentally capable of knowing that his actions were a violation of the law, that he knew the consequences, and that he made a concious decision to continue.

As with all bullies, he was and is emotionally unstable.

None of his words, actions, or deeds suggests that he is anything other than a criminal and a menace to society. None of his words, actions, or deeds suggests that anything short of jail will stop him from continuing his jamming of amateur, police, and fire communications. And none of his words, actions, or deeds suggests that anything short of jail will stop him from continuing his threats to others.

I pity this guy, but I do not feel sorry for him.

10. KD6FBQ

KD6FBQ Ham Member QRZ Page

I must have missed out on the K1MAN saga. Is that guy finally off the air?  As for Gerritsen, geez, jamming police broadcasts? No wonder so many of the public think hams are a bunch of crackpots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.