ad: QuirkyQRP-1

Gerritsen Convicted in Jamming Case

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by AA7BQ, Dec 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N7WEJ

N7WEJ XML Subscriber QRZ Page

Now if they will just keep ND8V off 20 meters, the world will be a much better place!!!!

2. WA4GCH

WA4GCH Ham Member QRZ Page

"more logical than Diabetes "

PLEASE let's not insult 8 million Diabetics .........

3. KB1SF

KB1SF Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Does anyone actually KNOW if there was any kind of psychological assessment done on this guy in conjunction with his trial and subsequent conviction?

If not, then such assertions (including a few offered by yours truly a few posts back) are little more than speculation.

Keith
    KB1SF / VA3KSF

4. KC8SSC

KC8SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

10-4 good buddy.

5. KC8VWM

KC8VWM Ham Member QRZ Page

"Almost 7% patients presenting with altered mental status to the ED (Emergency Department) are in fact hypoglycemic."

Source:

http://www.priory.com/psych/hypg.htm

Now, ask me your next question please.

6. K6LCS

K6LCS Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

>>...No, Gerritsen was willfully acting of his own volition and mental judgement...

Finally...a qualified opinion from a mental health professional. But I didn't notice a "M.D." after your name...Where'd you obtain your medical degree?

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

7. NC5S

NC5S Ham Member QRZ Page

DALLAS (AP) - The utility TXU Corp. (TXU) said Monday it will offer high-speed Internet service over power lines to several million Texans as part of a $150 million project aimed at improving its ability to monitor the power grid.

The "smart grid" buildout will enable what would be the nation's largest broadband-over-power line Internet rollout.

The 10-year partnership with Current Communications Group Inc., a privately held company in Germantown, Md., is not, however, expected to yield residental Internet service until the second half of 2006.

Once completed, the grid will let TXU check meter consumption remotely and pinpoint problems before they become major blackouts.

TXU spokesman Chris Schein said Internet access was secondary to the smart grid capabilities.

"We really believe that what end users are going to appreciate is when the spring storms hit and they don't have an outage," he said. "Or if they do have an outage, it's not as long as it was."

Construction on the smart grid system will begin early next year along TXU's 14,000 miles of transmission lines and 100,000 miles of distribution lines.

The deal gives Current access to more than 2 million business and residential customers, mostly in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.

Proponents say broadband-over-power line technology, or BPL, could be especially significant for rural areas, where high-speed Internet access has lagged due to the higher costs to telecommunications and cable companies of serving sparsely populated areas.

Though pricing and download speeds haven't been finalized, Current vice president Jay Birnbaum expects to compete directly with cable and DSL providers. BPL moves data at roughly the same speeds as cable or DSL lines.

Current's only existing widespread availability is through Cinergy Corp. (CIN) in Cincinnati, where it charges between $20 to $45 monthly for Internet speeds of up to 3 megabits per second. Birnbaum wouldn't provide subscriber numbers but said the service was available to about 50,000 customers in Ohio.

Current, which counts Google Inc. (GOOG) and The Hearst Corp. among major investors, has smaller pilot projects in Hawaii, Maryland and Southern California.

Most BPL offerings remain in the test phase, said Alan R. Shark, executive director of the Washington-based Broadband Over Power Lines Industry Association. One of the current largest rollouts is in Manassas, Va., where 850 subscribers have signed up since the municipal utility began offering BPL in October.

Shares of Dallas-based TXU Corp. were down $1.49 to close at $52.09 in trading on the New York Stock Exchange. Shares have ranged from $30.22 to $58.29 in the past year.

8. K6LCS

>>...If he showed the least bit of a sign of any form of imbalance or dementia the judge would have called a halt to the proceedings...

Although I wish this were true, this society is known for sentencing to death infirm, immature, and mentally-ill criminals. Just take a look at Texas' record the past decade.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

9. KG6LFN

KG6LFN Ham Member QRZ Page

...this society is known for sentencing to death infirm, immature, and mentally-ill criminals. Just take a look at Texas' record the past decade.
    Clint Bradford, K6LCS

"Sentencing to death… criminals". Those are your words, Clint, sans the milksop excuses libs like you dream up to shift the responsibility from the criminal to society. Give it up man, the hippy ideology is out and folks are just sick of excuses for the minority of sociopaths that perpetuate the degressive world we live in.

I have no problem with sentencing violent criminals to death, OM, Texas is off to a good start!

10. NK0V

NK0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Of course this means we need to release Mr. G at once as you have determined he was suffering from acute hypoglycemia for all that time he was on the air.  This of course explains his actions and he is not responsible for any of them.  

11. K6LCS

>>...the milksop excuses libs like you dream up to shift the responsibility from the criminal to society...

Wow...sure hit a nerve. If you read what I was replying to, you'd realize that your response is silly. The post stated that this society wouldn't let a crazy man defend himself.

But I am glad you vented a little...I'd rather you let some steam off here than, say, towards your dog.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS

12. KG6LFN

KG6LFN Ham Member QRZ Page

If you read what I was replying to, you'd realize that your response is silly. Clint Bradford, K6LCS

Clint, I responded to your direct quote - even included it in my response for the benefit of the casual reader. I am very concerned that you can’t take a little criticism of your own direct quote going so far as to call my response “silly”and bringing up a non-sequitur. Sounds to me like you and ‘ol Gerritsen may just be tied at the heart!

Open your mouth, remove all doubt!

Carry-on, OM

13. NK0V

NK0V Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

We know you think you think he is innocent. It is what you have been saying all along, he is the wronged one here and has NO responsibility for his actions.

Mr. G is guilty, like it or not (you do not). Take him in your care if you want, fine. Most here are fed up with you trying to blame every action of Mr. G on us and amateur radio and trying every way possible to give him an excuse and shift blame from him.

As for the dog, what business is that of yours?. I don't need to hear your expert medical dribble about that either.

14. KC8SSC

KC8SSC Ham Member QRZ Page

ANYBODY THAT DOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS is unbalanced...that's obvious....I would be concerned as to why?[​IMG] Well he probably is a victim of his environment...I.E. society treated him in a bad way since childhood and this is how he turned out! That's why there are so many bad seeds out there....and in the end we deserve to pay the price just like we are....we did nothing about it while it was going on.

Also there are many others growing up and they are much worse. I think its time we pay for that!!!

If you think, this man was not born this way, so we as society must have created or made him this way.

15. W0GI

W0GI Ham Member QRZ Page

I see.

The criminal is the victim, and society is at fault.

What a bunch of BS.

Guess what, life is tough for lots of people, and they deal with it, and don't use tough times, as an excuse to commit crime.

You bleeding hearts, just crack me up.

73 - W6NJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.