ad: M2Ant-1

Germany´s youngest YL radio amateur

Discussion in 'Amateur Radio News' started by DL4QB, Feb 16, 2020.

ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
  1. DL4QB

DL4QB QRZ Lifetime Member #719 Platinum Subscriber Life Member QRZ Page

Hi again,
    Simon and Sophie wanted me to give you a big big thank you for the congratulations!

Both are very active now and we hope that the condx will be a little bit better soon on Shortwave!
    They told me: We want to speak to all! :)

@V51JP: Sophie told me right now...hey, i know that call sign, isn´t it Werner? :)

73 from all of us, DO4QB, DL3QB, DL4QB!

N8TN, K0YQ and W1TRY like this.
  2. SM0AOM

SM0AOM Ham Member QRZ Page

To pass especially the "Klasse A" German exam at such a tender age is certainly an accomplishment.

The successful candidate has answered 120 quite difficult questions not only on technical subjects, but also on international and national radio regulations, and about proper operating practices.

As part of the aforementioned study, some German exams were translated
    and tried on some quite otherwise knowledgeable persons that had
    "breezed through" the then current Swedish exam.

Almost nobody passed.

The German exam system has a well-earned place among the best European systems.
    And those that have passed the exams may justifiably call themselves "Real Radio Amateurs".

73/
    Karl-Arne
    SM0AOM

KB0YYO likes this.
  3. KW0U

KW0U Ham Member QRZ Page

Exams have changed over time. I found this on page 32 of the March, 1932, Popular Science Monthly: A question frequently asked in these examinations for an amateur operating license may read something like this: "Draw a theoretical radio diagram of a simple radio transmitting circuit complete with power supply and explain in detail the function of each part of the circuit."

Wow. I believe any ham could learn this, but if that is just one of several similar questions the curve would be steep.

4. K9GLS

K9GLS Guest

And you expected something different? It is QRZ after all. Shame on a society that has become a cesspool of divisive recreational outrage.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2020
    K8JHR likes this.
  5. DM5QM

DM5QM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Hi, congrats to both kids.
    But it´s not true.
    The youngest kid are DO9JJ Laura Bergmann the daughter of Emil Bergmann DL8JJ. She has got the novice licence as she was 10 years. With 11 years she´s got the extra class DL2JJ

6. DL4QB

I wrote as "status of today", she is... and confirmed it by BnetzA (you can get this by mail if you like). All other older now and not participate or passed a test in Feb 2020.
    However, all should be happy that we got young people and espacially girls to ham radio nothing else counts.
    Be happy, enjoy the hobby make contacts :)!

73 Andre

WJ4U likes this.
  7. DM5QM

DM5QM Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Ah OK. Sorry for the mistake.
    Yes, we need more Youngstars on amateur radio!

73 Rob

8. DH5PR

DH5PR Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

I have see Simon and Sophie in the Test in Dortmund, Simon was on the right Side from me and Sophie on Line befor. After 10 Minutes was Simon finish. RESPEKT.

73, DH5PR

9. DJ8PA

DJ8PA Ham Member QRZ Page

@DH5PR .... wow ..

i think its very easy to memorized the multiple choice question's for german (class e) novice test.

btw: swiss test (HB3 or HB9) is much harder: there is no multiple choice to tick...

10. KA0USE

KA0USE Ham Member QRZ Page

the world of tomorrow, today! i wish i could 'like' 22 times.

DJ8PA and DL4QB like this.
  11. K0YQ

K0YQ Ham Member QRZ Page

Nice job Sophie and Simon!

DL4QB likes this.
  12. KE8JNU

KE8JNU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Awesome! I am the youngest YL in the US (at least that I know of!) and hope to work you sometime! I am often on SSB, PSK31 and FT8, and am hoping to learn CW. Congrats!!! :):):)

AC0GT likes this.
  13. KE8JNU

KE8JNU Premium Subscriber QRZ Page

Also nice radio! We have the same one at our home QTH.

14. DL4QB

Well done Xenia!! Great to have you on air!

15. AA5IT

AA5IT Ham Member QRZ Page

I remember the days of looking forward to raising my daughter while encouraging her to be a ham radio operator. Now I have to make sure the volume is turned down if I wonder into the SSB portion of just about any band on HF. So much filth I'm embarrassed to be a ham radio operator and wouldn't recommend the hobby to anyone these days.