ad: LZQSLprint-1

German expanded priviledges and no code requiremen

Discussion in 'Contests, DXpeditions, QSO Parties, Special Events' started by N2VHZ, May 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
  1. N2VHZ

N2VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Now the German telecommunications authority have granted HF operation to their version of "No-code Tech's" or correctly known as class "E" licensed hams.
    Whereas they used to operate only on 2 meters and 70 cm they now have expanded onto a few HF bands and the class "A" license which is like our Extra does not have a code requirement in Germany anymore either.
    Thought I'd pass that along and see what happens.
    I am DA2KW here in Germany and N2VHZ in the states, and operate 20 meters through 70 centimeters from here in Germany.

2. HA5X

HA5X Ham Member QRZ Page

Hello, this is good news.

Can you (or somebody) tell me what the exact frequencies and power levels are? Hungary has just implemented the CEPT Novice Licence scheme / ECC REC (05)06 / so it would be good to know what our "CEPT Novice" visitors can do while in Germany.

Chris

3. N2VHZ

N2VHZ Ham Member QRZ Page

Here are the facts:
    Class E, the "no-code tech" gets:
    160m, 80m, 15m and 10m H.F. bands @ 75 watts pep.
    2m & 70cm bands @ 75 watts pep, and 10Ghz band @ 5 watts.

The class "A" (Extra class) gets:
    7100-7200 Khz @ secondary basis with 250 watts p.e.p. and the 50.08-51.00 Mhz @ 25 watts ERP (used to be 10 watts).
    Thanks and 73's, Ken, DA2KW

4. HA5X

HA5X Ham Member QRZ Page

Good news, thanks for info. I have already passed on this piece of news to some people who might be interested, now that novices can also operate abroad.

What concerns the new privileges for the "A" class, do these also apply to foreign visitors with a CEPT licence? (7100-7200 kHz and 50 MHz?)

73, Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.