ad: elecraft

G8NTE SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G8RCZ, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: Left-3
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
ad: L-MFJ
  1. G8RCZ

G8RCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've just heard the shock news that my old friend and sparring partner, Dave Dewar, G8NTE founder and operator of QSLFACTORY.COM has gone SK. I would speak with Dave on a regular basis exchanging news and views of all that's good and bad in the QSL card printing industry and I will sorely miss those chats. I hadn't heard from him for a couple of weeks which was rare and had quiet fears that something may be amiss but the news came as a total shock.

Some of you may have orders pending and awaiting an email response, which sadly will not now arrive. I don't know the details of his passing other than it was sudden so his website is still currently live. I am contacting his ISP to try and get a message posted as Dave lived alone and there would be nobody, as far as I know, to tidy his affairs.

Rest in peace Dave.

Geoff Fermor
    G8RCZ
    fdsqsl.com

2. K4FH

K4FH Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that is horrible. I've talked to dave a few occasions while he designed my QSL cards.

Chris k4fh

3. W2EO

W2EO Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought my cards from Dave and though I only talked to him on those occasions I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than a salesman.

My Condolences to all who new him.

W2EO

4. AK4QA

AK4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had my fears when a email went 2 days with no answer, not the norm for him. Dave was a good man and a honest printer. I only hope to find someone to replace him.

Viya con Dios, Dave

Lee
    KE4VYN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.