ad: CQMM-1

G8NTE SK

Discussion in 'Silent Keys / Friends Remembered' started by G8RCZ, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
ad: L-HROutlet
ad: l-rl
ad: L-MFJ
ad: abrind-2
ad: Left-3
ad: Left-2
ad: Radclub22-2
  1. G8RCZ

G8RCZ Ham Member QRZ Page

I've just heard the shock news that my old friend and sparring partner, Dave Dewar, G8NTE founder and operator of QSLFACTORY.COM has gone SK. I would speak with Dave on a regular basis exchanging news and views of all that's good and bad in the QSL card printing industry and I will sorely miss those chats. I hadn't heard from him for a couple of weeks which was rare and had quiet fears that something may be amiss but the news came as a total shock.

Some of you may have orders pending and awaiting an email response, which sadly will not now arrive. I don't know the details of his passing other than it was sudden so his website is still currently live. I am contacting his ISP to try and get a message posted as Dave lived alone and there would be nobody, as far as I know, to tidy his affairs.

Rest in peace Dave.

Geoff Fermor
    G8RCZ
    fdsqsl.com

2. K4FH

K4FH Ham Member QRZ Page

Wow, that is horrible. I've talked to dave a few occasions while he designed my QSL cards.

Chris k4fh

3. W2EO

W2EO Ham Member QRZ Page

I bought my cards from Dave and though I only talked to him on those occasions I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than a salesman.

My Condolences to all who new him.

W2EO

4. AK4QA

AK4QA Ham Member QRZ Page

I had my fears when a email went 2 days with no answer, not the norm for him. Dave was a good man and a honest printer. I only hope to find someone to replace him.

Viya con Dios, Dave

Lee
    KE4VYN

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.